New weapon for Southport Seaway

Brian D

I am looking at buying a new outfit for the Seaway. Planning on jigging for travelly and spinning for taylor.

I want distance and speed in casting metal spinners and pillys, accurate for jig heads with as much distance as possiable with 2 ball size jigs (I think), strength and drag for 6kg fish. Light and small enough to allow easy climbing over rocks.

Who suggests what? Say budget about $500 for both or can I get 1 weapon that would do both.

Ando -where do you work? I'm keen.

Blue mako - thing is I now have mainly boat rod's and I keep em in the boat.

I want a couple of rigs to keep in my office at work so I have a weapon on call.

I kow it sounds a bit greedy but when I was a serious fisherman (in my younger days) I learnt that it's all a matter of timing. Meaning success at Seaway's depends on tide,wind, water temp and season. So if I am serious about catching the sort of fish I used to with the consistancy I want, I need to get in sync with what's going on. Which means I will time my raids to the seaway accordinlgy.

Hope I don't sound too arrogant but that's what I want.

blue_mako wrote:

ando works at jones tackle on lutwyche road... its a good store but i have to admit some things are over priced

troy

Be buggered, I've never run into him there! Been there a few times in the last couple of months (closest shop to work)

• 1 month later...

spinning for taylor and trevally in the seaway i recommend a tss4 matched to a rod that has a casting weight of at least 50 grams. b4 i had my tss4 i used to get em on a garbage jarvis walker reel just had to work a lot harder i still use a jv rod with no troubles. As for jigging with plastics i havent tried so im not sure but ive seen guys with quite light outfits having success with tailor and tarpon they were however in boats. off the rocks its heaps harder coz the trevally bury you in the rocks. youve got the right attitude about fishing the seaway Brian, its only a matter of time.

efess

Archived