Brissie river Monday 19nd

benno573

Hey,

Being currently unemployed and bored with not mowing the lawn, i decided to head out to the river for a bit of a chill out session. I launched at fisherman's at about 11am and headed to clara's rock.

i anchored up and threw out some baits and started flicking through the latest top gear mag. i was continually rudely interrupted by undersized snapper and a couple of small tailor. can't they see i was trying to read??? :silly:

i then picked a rod up that i thought needed a new bait only to discover a fish had hooked itself for me. shortly thereafter i slid the net under a 51cm flathead. right there's dinner sorted!

the tide really started ripping through so i upped the lead and bait size (in the hope of not being annoyed by small snapper) and went back to reading. i noticed an unusual bite on one of my rods, very heavy but very slow. i picked to rod up and set the hooks, calling it straight away for a shovel nose. i was pleasantly surprised when a 68.5cm flattie surfaced. there's tomorrow and wednesday night's dinner sorted! :)

got bored at about 3pm, headed back to the ramp. sure beat working!

Note: As my digital camera sh!t itself and i am way to much of a tightar$e to buy a new one there are no pictures for this report... sorry!!!

cheers,

Benno <'>-<

Nice one Benno. A great way to spend the day. Hey if you are chasing a cheap camera I just bought a Benq camera for fishing myself, my cost is $67 dollars if you are interested. I think it is 10 megapixel. Cheap enough you do not mind it going for a swim, unlike the Iphone. I can grab another one if interested.

Nice flathead Benno, the 2 I caught in the river on Sunday did the same thing as your first one, they hooked themselves. 68.5 cms would have made a great photo.

I just got a top digital camera of ebay, it was a fuji film 10 megapixel finepix s1000fd, starting bid was 49 dollars and ended up scoring it for 89 dollars because there wasnt many bidding on it.

I priced them brand new at around $380 so I got myself a bargain...cheers Beejay

yeah thanks for the reminder crazywalrus... i had almost forgotten about the iphone... :pinch:

thanks for the tips on cameras, i will have a squizz at those. :kiss:

claras rock - go out of the port boat ramp, head towards the river and turn left when you pass the tugs (hi tugger!). near the first big red beacon you see all ripplled water that is claras rock, all of 500m from the boat ramp.

dassa - go and stick your head up a dead bear's bum... :P i think i did catch an undersized bream or two last trip, none this time.

i did take a photo of the big one on my phone, to brag to a few people but i can't get it onto the computer... :(

Archived