Last weekend on the water at Tin Can

boondy

Well, I finally got the tinnie out again last weekend, after a long period of neglect out in the back yard. The little Yammie sputtered to life after a handful of pulls before the trip - great little motor, the old 30 HP three cylinder 2 stroke!

I was a bit worried about the bearings on the trailer when we set off, so a few stops on the way to make sure they were coping. Arrived at Rainbow Beach, and all ok. The bar there is a bit much for me to tackle, so the plan was to stay inside and fish Fraser west coast and Tin Can bay.

Got on the water Saturday morning and set off to a few spots in the bay and across to Fraser. The boat ran like a dream.

Managed to snare some smallish winter whiting on worms on the run in tide. Most of those were too small and went back, except the couple that had a worthwhile fillet. Also got a handful of bream, but all undersized. Scored a few nice solid summer whiting on very light tackle using worms again. A few nice keepers, and great fun on the light gear.

Got a few muddies over the weekend too, but only two keepers. The rest went back in the drink to grow up, or breed more keepers.

A nice weekend with a good feed. Surprised we didn't get on to any flathead. It was great to get back out on the water again - shouldn't leave it so long. Already planning my next trip in two weeks.

Archived