Curtin Artifical reef travel time??

racingsteve

Hi All

I'm looking on going for a trip over to Curtin "weather permitting" as I've never gone out that way before I'm looking at the pro's & con's. I can leave from Bribie or Scarborough!! I have a H/Hunter 146 with a Yammy 90 I go over to MUD from Nudgee beach to the eastern side in about 25mins I'm still setting the height of the motor & looking at a new prop when the engine's in a happy place, but all in all goes along nice & feels really nice in the chop & lately bloody rain!! it feels safe!! How much time does it take to get out to cutains from say Bribie/Scarby my boat goes along good at about 40 to 50ks a few people I have talked to say that the sand banks between the 2 can be a hassle!! & people go from Scarby with out a problem!! I have GPS, fish finder, Beacon to Beacon maps etc etc etc which helps me, I'll most likely nicking out early & home before it blows up to much. So fellows what to look out for any hints on the GPS to get passed those sand banks etc is it a issue?? I've seen days you could paddle over glass like & other days up shit creek with out a paddle, I'm pretty new to the boat & any help would be great!! maybe I worry too much!! I sick of going over to Mud & seem to catch all the little stuff!! anyway thanks for anyones help

Regards Steve

Archived