How do you do it?

woody1

Hey folks

I have been getting around in my boat for about the last 6 months, and am not getting the kind of results I was hoping the new purchase would bring me. I have realised I need to start tailoring my trips more to the tide movements, instead of driving around aimlessly going... that looks like a fishy spot! so my question is... How do you do it?

I will be heading up the passage from Bribie on Thursday morning fishing from dead on high through the full run out. I was thinking of starting at the bridge and fishing the run out there in the hope the fish are heading back into the deep, then moving north and fishing sand banks for whiting then hitting the flats for flatties, but am interested to hear how you would fish the tide

Cheers

Woody

mate i guess you really pick your trips on what species you are chasing, so if i was fishing for flatties then i prefer the run out chucking lures at the eddies and drop offs where flat head may be sitting waiting for the tide to bring the bait fish straight to them, or with bream i prefer the top of the tide when their scavaging amongst structure looking for food.

i hope this helps a little.

As kriso said look for structure for bream at the top of the tide near the bridge and the rocks on the southern side of the bridge.For the flathead try trolling on the run out tide and look for drop of's where they may be laying waiting for bait fish to get pushed through on the tide.Lure's give mann's plus 5/10 a good go to for flathead

Archived