Under bridge fishermans island

webbfunk

Went out tuesday night about 10.00pm at the turn of the tide under bridge at fishermans island. Quiet at first then soon as the tide started to come in things got better. Landed a 45cm Jew Fish on a dead prawn then within ten minutes had a slate bream at 36cm. Apart from that had two smallish bream.

Plenty of bites but we couldn't seem to land them and two snapped the lines. Had to use pretty heavy sinker as the tide was really running 20m in about 30 seconds.

Apart from that i am pretty sure we will be going back there again.

I was quite suprised to get a jew especially on a dead prawn. Any suggestions for a line setup, hook etc etc for next time, the jew are obviously there maybe we didn't quite have the proper set up.

Good work on the Jew mate.

Ash got a Jew in the river on a dead prawn as well.

Makes you think, even if you cant get the live bait still worth having a crack!!

What do you reckon snapped you off?

Also for that area of the tide was running hard id use a paternosta rig (spelling?). This allowd you to have quite a heavy sinker without effecting how you feel the bites through the rest of the line.

Something like this: [img size=189]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/casting_rig.gif

post-63-144598412978_thumb.gif

Thanks angus.

Dont know what snapped us off. Possibly another jew, and we did see a few sting rays along the rocks so could have been that. It wasnt really fighting though. But when it did go for a run it just snapped.

What do the jew like bait wise.

Cheers

Jewies love live mullet mate.

If they were weights that ran then snapped they very easily could have been little bullies mate.

Or a jack!!

I would try a heavier leader next time. Wont bother the Jew. If its a shark you might still loose but if its a jack....................

Angus

Archived