Burley

Anhie

Pillie chunks soaked in tuna oil combined with a sponge soaked in tuna oil (hung from the boat/shore).

Throw chunks in the general area your' fishing and the fish will find you. The sponge creates a slick, bringing in the surface feeders and baitfish, in turn attracting bigger predators

An oldie but a goldie :laugh:

I keep all left over bait, prawns, herrings, fish frames etc and put them all through a mincer. I then pack them into plastic cups and freeze them. When fishing, I just pop one of the frozen blocks into a stainless steel berley cage and hang it over the back of the boat.

As the block thaws, it releases small fragments of berley.

Best of all.....no mess in the boat.

tangles wrote:

I keep all left over bait, prawns, herrings, fish frames etc and put them all through a mincer. I then pack them into plastic cups and freeze them. When fishing, I just pop one of the frozen blocks into a stainless steel berley cage and hang it over the back of the boat.

As the block thaws, it releases small fragments of berley.

Best of all.....no mess in the boat.

Second that B)

If your hard up getting it together before trip just stop off at the shop and buy a couple of loaves of bread, mix it with a bit of sand and water in a bucket, throw out a handful every 10 minutes or so.

Makes a good easy burly (Good for bream and flathead).

I do not use Burly much, mostly because I am land based most of the time.

Cheers

Archived