How to meke two hook shark rig

fishingfon

I have only done it once, so someone else probably has a better method but here is how I have done it.

You need wire (get nylon coated for sharks) the little sleeves (basically a piece of small metal tube) the right size for the wire you buy, a swivel and hooks.

Cut a piece of wire the length you want

The way you crimp is slide the crimp sleeve onto the wire, slide on a swivel then run the end of the wire back into the crimp sleeve and press the sleeve with your crimping pliers.

To do the hooks is the same sort of thing. slide on a sleeve, then a hook, then feed the wire into the sleeve but leave a lot of extra wire coming out of the sleeve, then crimp with pliers.

Then bend the remaining wire to be in a straight line, and crimp a hook on the end the same way and cut off any extra wire.

Sorry I didn't have any pics. Hope this works for you

first hook make use a short wire and haywire twist to the hook at the other end make a small loop tied off with a haywire twist, The second hook tie on with a haywire twist but with the loop from the first hook encooprotated in it. so that it holds the first hook I use Heat shrink over the loop and knots makes it neater. it kind of gangs them together,Hope you can understand

dan25 wrote:

instead of crimping it, Mick_fillet told me a great way of doing it by just twisting the wire around and melting it with a lighter if that makes sense. Probably doesnt, so if you need some pics ill put some up.

hey mate i would be interested in seing a pic of this technique if you dont mind man.

i prefer the multi strand wire. On occasion when using the single strand stuff it breaks when the shark does the headshake. It must get right up between the teeth and get sheared. Mainly with sharks over 6 foot though

I know guys that use #19 Piano wire. Pretty serious single strand.

Caught many 10-12ft tigers on them.

Single Strand is a lot harder to cut through than Multi strand.

Archived