GPS chart plotters

big dave

ok so im getting a furuno sounder that does not come with GPS. just wondering if its worth getting a chart plotter with maps ect or should i just get a hand held unit in monochrome. not looking to spend a heap as the sounder is costing more than enough. but will spend what i have to depending on advice. what are you guys running. i looked into combos but looks like nothing will beat a furuno :)

Look into a Raymarine A50D, Has the ability to be a depth sounder too if you add a transducer. But they have the clearest, crispest screen out there. It has the Southern Hemisphere Pre loaded onto the system with hydrographical charts to 30ft depth. The $$$, you are looking at 1199. + a transducer if u want/ need to, isnt needed

Don't know what your budget is, but I have a Furuno sounder (thanks to Ray) and a handheld Garmin 76sxc loaded with the East Coast maps.

I bought the unit from jandhproducts.com and also the CD with the map stuff. Roughly $400 combined from memory.

I just stick the GPS on the dashboard (as seen in the video)

Very happy with it all.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tqniSXuxc4

i have a mate who has a spard furuno 1650 color gps chart plotter, i can ask and find out if he wants to sell it, as his dash already has a mixture of furuno color sounders and garmin gps chart plotters>

he still has 2 spare. but the garmin would be my pick, but lemme get my marks out of it first...:pinch:

Archived