Burrum Kayaking options

Clevo_31

Hey all.

Am taking the girlfriend to Burrum heads for our aniversary at the end of the month and will be hiring a yak from anaconda to take up with us. We plan on using it around the headlands and up the burrum river but I am just wondering what other options there are around hervey bay/burrum for its use?

From what I have seen of the area and gather, the water is usually pretty calm there, but what are the tidal movements around burrum like? Whats the fishing like? And is there any possibility of getting a bit further out around the headland or hervey bay into deeper water to target some more pelagic species such as cobia/mackeral etc from it? Are there any reefs in the area withing paddling distance?

Sorry about the question-heavy post but I am trying to plan for it and get everything together that I need, and any help that you guys can lend will be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Jordan

Pushed the wrong button

Theres a few places around burrem that are worth hitting, do a search back through some of the older threads, there was a fair bit of info. Have a look at lenthalls dam while your up there. Watch the current in the river, it was pretty fast when I was up there. I don't know about heading outside on a yak and don't know about reefs up there unfortunetly.

• 2 weeks later...

Mate the current does rip through there pretty fast. If you paddle across the river from the caravan park you will find a small creek that flows into the river. Try and give this area a fish, you should end up with something decent. Also get live bait if you can as this works well in the river. There are some big flatties to be caught there. There is some reefy structure at one of the beacons as you head out of the river mouth. Just watch the current as i said before it runs fast through there.

Archived