Fishing boat for Brisbane based anglers. <30k

thriller

Thought I would start a post (sorry if there is already one on this)

asking for everyone to post articles/pictures ,links or just ideas on the best

boat in there opinion for Brisbane based anglers. desirably under 30k for the punters.

I was thinking 5m glass boat full casting platform, live well, kill tank, electric etc etc.

I know what I want but I wan't to know what you want/think.

cheers!

MJ.

I guess it depends on what fishing you do/plan to do. I think my ideal boat would be either a skeeter (one day :P ) or a 4.5-5m sea jay territory (or similar style tinny), with a side console and all the trimmings. Set it up like a bass boat but still keep it suitable for bay work :)

I would go for a newish used boat as there are some great deals out there with current tough economic times.

Aluminium would be my preference as the lighter weight generally results in better fuel economy (at the cost of ride quality). Handles abuse a lot better as well if you don't want to obsess over maintenance.

If its your thing you could easily get a 2-3 year old offshorable boat under that.

I guess it depends on what fishing you do/plan to do. I think my ideal boat would be either a skeeter (one day :P ) or a 4.5-5m sea jay territory (or similar style tinny), with a side console and all the trimmings. Set it up like a bass boat but still keep it suitable for bay work :)

I've pretty much got the same idea, for type of boat. Love those skeeters, the only down side IMO is what happens when you a night trip and you need a kip?

I've pretty much got the same idea, for type of boat. Love those skeeters, the only down side IMO is what happens when you a night trip and you need a kip?

haha yeah. I guess a bit of velcro on the main casting deck and a bit on the old sleeping bag to stop you rolling off :lol:

if it the brissy and surounding creeks/river coomera nerang the bbroad water etc and the brisyriver your going to fish get ya self a tinnie mate most ramps are not that boat friendly mostramps are a bitt rocky.

light to tow, costs bugger all to tow down the coast. requires not as much HP to get it up on the plane as well

modifications are easily done to a ally hull to suit the angler.

somthing around the 5mtr is a good all rounder

definatly dont need heaps of HP for the creeks / rivers.

need the hull to plane at low speed propably dont need to look at hulls with a deep V right through somthing that flatens out towards the stern is good they tend to be a alot more stable at rest and great for getting up the creeks

look for a hull that might have planing strakers or a planing plank in the hull design

some hulls have motor wells. and they def have there benifits.

seperate anchor well with drainage so the mud stays out of the carpeted areas

nice high sides somthing around 600mm high or more is very good,,you can fish in some pritty ordinary conditions wiih that sort of free broad

more importantly it doesnt matter how well made the boat is if its not ridnng on a good trailer the hull wont last like it should it will deteriate quickly most damage to boats occur on the road whilst being transported

the spring sets should match the wieght of the hull and trailer combined.

less damage occurs to the hull when there on skids and multi keel rollers the weight is distributed a lot better rather than multi rollers right through. skids are easier to maintain in the long run.

and good tie down points on the hull and trailer

Archived