Beaus first lure thready

nadders

Hi guys,

went fishing with the giant green hulk aka beau after his white wine escapades over the weekend (too long and disturbing a story for here) after work last night.

had a mad time on coro drive on the way to the ramp but eventually got there and sorted,

this was the first run in the boat since the floor was raised and done up and wow what a difference its made :cheer: enough room to hold a rodeo and no more giant step up to the casting deck, couldnt be happier with the boat layout.

anyway the wind was pumping aganist the tide at the mouth, was getting quite rough choppy and annoying trying to hold the drifts but we put up with it,

had a relatively quiet one with a few just legal squire coming aboard and a missed thready hit for me

eventually beau hooked into something with more weight than a 40cm squire and happily landed his first lured thready on a borrowed threadybuster in glow

quite a small one for the mouth but a thready is a thready well done mate.

no electronics failed this trip and didn't run out of fuel/fail to start motor so old mates curse is hopefully wearing thin

pb150744.jpg

cheers

Dan

cheers for the replies fellas,

thats right Jono, i didnt mean to rag on beaus catch haha, i actually prefer getting threadies around that size on the lighter gear. i find they spend less time sulking down deep and do more of the zig zagging fast direction changes that make for a great fight.

it hasnt been my experience fishing for them in the mouth area getting them much below 1m length overall, hence the comment

Archived