What do I need??

Sniggy

Hi Guys

Looks like I'm going to be joining you all the first week of Jan 11 in the Brisbane area.

Ive been a angler for over thirty years so have built up qute a good selection of rods n reels for fishing here in the uk.

What I'm after is someone to point me in the right direction of what I will need for fishing in the Brisbane area, whether that be freshwater, estuary, fly or sea.

Also anything else that might be needed braids etc

Cheers

Steve ;)

I think it's fair to say you could use all that gear in Brisbane's fishing areas.

There's probably even places for your Coarse gear but you may be laughed at :P

Braid from 2lb to 50lb.

MoparKevUK may be able to provide a better insight as he has been here for a couple of years now.

I suggest you head to the main Fishing Reports Forum page

( http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/categories/7-fishing-reports )

and look at the reports in all but the last 3 categories to get an idea of the variety available.

welcome to the site sniggy, plenty of expats on the site. one thing you wont need here is your shelter and wet weather gear as much although the weather has been a bit wet a lately but well needed. I mainly fish from my boat and target pelagics which I find more exciting and also better eating and easier to fillet. my gear consists of 6 to 7 foot rods with overhad reel holding 30 to 50lb braids, these are for the mackerals and bigger fish, I aslo carry up to 20lb mono for the snappers and other reef fish . I've been here 40 years this month from Doncaster area are you migrating here?

Davey

welcome to the site mate. As Ellicat said there is a lot of variety here and you should find a fit for your gear. I personally use light rods for a lot of my fishing 1-3kg and 1-2kg rods with 2 to 4lb braid on 1000 and 2500 reels. I then step up to Barra Combos that are 5 - 6 kg rods with 400 reels and 30lb braid. I use these rods for Barramundi and my heavier snapper fishing. You will not be dissapointed with the fishing over here. Look forward to seeing how you go when you get here.

Thanks for all the replys :)

I am moving over full time, the wife has been offered a job in one of the local hospitals.

I've sorted dome 7' rods with team Daiwa 2500 reels and just ordered some 4lb braid.

I've aso got four or five baitrunners that can bo loaded up with braid.

And I'll be bringing my Zziplex beach rods........

Looking forward to meeting a few faces & joining in with the forum banter..

Steve;)

Awesome stuff mate. Look forward to seeing you at one of our events sometime. Like the lads have said, its a great idea to have a read through some of the archived reports and get a feel for what you really want to do. There are usually decky spots going too.

Jono

Archived