15-20 knots again - where to now

Brian D

Well just planning my weekend fishing trips, thinking maybe a Friday night snapper run in the bay and a trip to local reefs on Sunday so check the weather report and crap 15-20 WSW change coming Friday arvo. Well thanks a bloody lot for nothing.

I might have a go in the river Friday night - any suggestions for good spots?

In the water :P

Mate why not drifting along the rock wall from Brekky creek to portside.

This is the area that has been producing plenty of bay size squire lately for certain members.

Also this is where there has been a lot of bream and GT's caught.

I reckon that would have to be worth a shot......

Angus

Saturday and Sunday are looking alright Brian.

You should know better than to make plans without checking the weather first. The weather gods know when you've made a plan and like to stuff it up.:evil: Better to sneak up on the weather gods and not let them know in advance!;)

Last year a couple of mates and I planned a weekend trip to Straddie. The tides were perfect, the solunar peaks were perfect, the taylor and jew reports were excellent. Then the weather gods found out and waited expectantly until we got there, then dumped rain rain rain and a 30knot onshore easterly at us until we headed for home the next day. Not surprisingly it was then beautiful and sunny with only a slight breeze.

ellicat wrote:

Then the weather gods found out and waited expectantly until we got there, then dumped rain rain rain and a 30knot onshore easterly at us until we headed for home the next day. Not surprisingly it was then beautiful and sunny with only a slight breeze.

Mate how about you plan a trip up to Somerset for the benefit of us all?

Brian - Ray, Alex and I will be having a go for some Tailor and Sharks Friday night, probably not far out from Victoria Point Boat ramp. Probably just a few hours until Alex gets tired.

There is a rain band forecast for friday night, but minimal rain in it, a couple of mm's only. Check the weather forecast closer to the weekend, its been quit changeable on the long forecasts of late.

Hey thanks guys

Angus that sounds like a good tip but if the fish are there they should be at sunken wall too. But at breaky there's a spot under the bridge if or should I say when it rains on me. Good tip.

Hey I bet I know which drop off you are going to - just the other side of snipe island at a guess. BTW I might be going to esk on Saturday so the dams might just get a bit.:P

Elli - Sunday might be the go - if the winds stay westerly that will flatten off the swell and make for a easy trip to the reefs. Well at a guess anyway.

Cheers - If I do go either day and a deckie wants to jump on just send me a PM.

Aaron H wrote:

Lucky fellas going fishing this weekend, my good run of late has come to an end:( been told I have to mow lawn, fix up back pergola area, sort my garage out and go car hunting (looking at new Navara) then I can go out, not fair :angry:

Mate - ring James gardening and handyman service, Ring up nissan dealer, have it all sorted by tomorrow!

Just use the money out of her side of the matress, so you still get a comfy nights sleep! :silly:

Aaron H wrote:

Lucky fellas going fishing this weekend, my good run of late has come to an end:( been told I have to mow lawn, fix up back pergola area, sort my garage out and go car hunting (looking at new Navara) then I can go out, not fair :angry:

hahahahahahah nananananana:P :P :P

Hang on what did I just remember - Aaron Lenthals Barra while I did what - financial statements I think:blush:

I might just see you at the car yard.

Archived