Reef Charter , Who is interested

Lozzel

I'd reckon a bit earlier than that Angus, Lozzel does not want to get stuck with the Bill on the 10th!

I'd reckon a deadline around monday or tuesday, that way if we cant fill vacant spots by Friday, we can give Lozzel a bit more loot.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/02 15:23

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading the Fishing Report from Davos at Noosa tonight, and thought you might like to see what they are catching up there. At the moment.

Here is part of page 2

The Snapper were in numbers at all locations this week and, as usual, Noosa Blue Water Charters were in the thick of the action. On Thursday, Cougar Too was at Massoud's Reef and regular customer Don Mayfield (right), from Cavendish in Victoria did well on the species. Don, see here with a 5kg specimen, was using a Wilson Live Fibre rod and a Shimano Baitrunner 6500 reel loaded with 10kg line.

And on Sunday, Cougar One spent the morning at Massoud's and again loaded up on the 'Knobbys'. Below we have Michael Peterson from Rye, in Victoria, this time with a 5.5kg fish. Michael was kitted out with a Shakespeare Ugly Stik and a Shimano TSS4 reel loaded with 8kg line. Both fish went for floated Pilchards.

I cant wait to beat boat #1.

Hi All; I Paid thr balance $670. yesterday 10-8-07 ,So the trip is all paid for.Hope the wether and the Snapper hold out for us.

Car pooling, Jeff F is in with Glenda& myself,but should have room for 1 more from Ippy aera.( If there is any room left after Jeff put his gear in):whistle:

Glenda & I are going up next Sat to sus out carparking and BBQ aera, good excuse to get out of the house and have a fish while I'm there.:evil:

Will report after we have checked it out.

Angus; any chance of putting up the map of the aera so people know where to go to.

Laurie.

Stoked man, I just found out the Friday before the weekend is a GC public holiday and I don't have to work.

That means I get to go up on the Friday, have a fish in the river, stay in a pub, watch the footy and have a few beers.

Yahoooooooooooo. Can't wait.

Ellicat, which pub are you staying in? I promise I wont get you too drunk the night before.:laugh: just kidding, I'll be on lites or nothing.;)

But I still got a couple of questions, like what i sthe go with the time on the events calander \"Friday, 31 August 2007, 14:00  Saturday, 1 September 2007, 02:00\"

Please tell me it's not a night fish.:ohmy:

Also the map shows a house in the middle of a street, are we meeting nearby or something?

Does anyone want to travel up Friday morning and stay at the pub?

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/14 18:45

Brian, Staying at the VillaNoosa. Rooms have 2 beds, an empty bar fridge (for the milk for the coffees in the morning) and a TV to watch the Friday night footy;)

Myself and reelchippy won't be getting there until about 9pm.

Thought the extra 2 hours sleep would be worth it.

Hi All; Recieved an e-mail from tony webber at noosa today.

The trip is off and I'm going to NZ for a week fishing.:woohoo: Glenda says \"Thanks guys\"

Only Joking :laugh: :laugh:

E-Mail from Tony

Thanks Laurie. Payment received and we will talk to you later this month.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Saturday, 11 August 2007 6:16 PM

To: Noosa Blue Water Charters

Subject: Re: Booking 1st SEPT

Hi Tony,

I have deposited into your ANZ bank A/C, on 10-8-07 the sum of $670.00.Confirmation number G 2849741522, Being the balance for the AFO Sept 1st trip.

Will see you on the 1st Sept.

Laurie.

If for some unknown reason someone has to BAIL out, There is a couple of \"standbys \" waiting to fill the spots.

1 - Rocket 75

2 - Chubbstar ( I think)

Brian you had better improve on your last couple of trips. Or Boat #1 wont stand a chance. :whistle:

Elli & Brian, and anyone else going up the night before.

Bare in mind that I have to ring Tony at Noosa , just after 4pm on the afternoon before charter to reconfirm all departure details and check those all important weather conditions.Charter viability is decided at this time to allow customers to reorganise their activities if necessary.

So I'll give a ring Brian ,on friday night to confirm and will also post results in this thread.

Laurie.

Hey there fisherpeoples can't wait for this day of fishing bliss...Just read all the posts that I have missed out on 5 pages and 1 hour later here I am responding. I will take my own rod and reel, only a humble little number but hey it's the skill that is going to win over in the end and besides being in boat number one (where all the fish will be congregating) it should be a breeze. I will drive up in the morning and meet you there. Do have a couple of spare seats if needed. 3 to be exact but with all the fish I am taking home will only have room for 1 extra on the return trip. Not planning on drinking as there won't be time to get the top off one as I will be too busy reelin them in. What is the meeting time again I have missed that somewhere along the way and hey it's a pretty damn important bit of info..unless your in boat 2 then you may as well sleep in cause you are going to be pretty bored watching boat 1 bring them in. Talk soon guys and see you all there..Oh one last thing what is happening with the bbg. just all bring your own or is kriso supplying beers and snags and bread and sauce.:P

This weeks report from Davos at Noosa.

OFFSHORE: Hooly, dooly! Offshore conditions got off to a damn good start and went to better, to almost ideal on some days.

Well, if you want to be picky, the winds (which were predominantly variable westerlies) did flare up a bit on Thursday and Friday but not enough to discourage any offshore excursions.

Every day, in fact, was worth the effort with Snapper, Squire, Moses Perch, Parrot Fish and Pearl Perch common to all visited reefs.

Apart from the aforementioned species, Double Island Point produced Teraglin Jewfish, North Reef was the spot for Cobia, Maori Cod and Estuary Cod and Chardon's Reef yielded Sweetlip, Maori Cod, Northern Bluefin Tuna and, as per the photo on the right, Scarlet Sea Perch.

Local angler Robert Acton hit the middle reef belt on Thursday morning, picking up half a dozen Pearlies at North Reef before dropping the pick at Chardon's where he boated this 4kg 'Scarlet'.

His bait? Pilchard floaters.

And also at Chardon's on Thursday, Garry Fitzgerald (right) boated what has to be this year's ugliest Snapper (weight 6kg) while out there on a Cougar Too charter.

He was kitted out with an Azegale rod and a Shimano Baitrunner 6500 reel loaded with 20lb line.

Apart from that, Sunshine Reef wasn't a bad option with Snapper, Teraglin Jewfish, Sweetlip, Coral Trout and Cobia all on the bite.

Looking Good for Boat #2. :P

Lozzel wrote:

Hi All; Recieved an e-mail from tony webber at noosa today.

The trip is off and I'm going to NZ for a week fishing.:woohoo: Glenda says \"Thanks guys\"

Only Joking :laugh: :laugh:

Brian you had better improve on your last couple of trips. Or Boat #1 wont stand a chance. :whistle:

Loz you are lucky not to get Karmed for that, actually twice. Crap my heart jumped a beat when I read the words \"Trips Off\".

And that crack about improvement-:P You are dreaming.:):P

Instead, Karma to you for the effort of organisation. Cheers.

I'm booked into the same hotel as Elli.

$55 single room. B)

Now Elli don't wake me if I'm asleep unless I'm asleep at the bar. ;)

Oh and make sure I get up, I wouldn't want to miss out on the winning boat. :ohmy:

Number 1 is number 1, all other are only try hards.:P :P

There are other rooms if anyone wants to come up on Friday. BTW the boat show is on too so I might just pop in there on the way past.:whistle:

god i wonder what the crews of these boats will think when they see

2 dozen fishing maniacs, half of em hung over, carrying enough rods to make thier boats look like porcupines, a tackle store worth of jigs and SPs and a quarter of a tone of whiting heads,come bellowing and charging down the jetty at them at the crack of dawn:evil:

Aaron H wrote:

I am owed a day off for working today so will speak to boss tomorrow about taking day in lieu on the Friday so I can have a river session as well

Arron that would be cool. Faulked might be coming but at this stage he has to work - if we travel together would you want to drop into the show on the way?

That way we could pick faulked up about midday and still get an arvo fishing in. Is that any good faulked?

If that be the case, book a room at the pub - just google villa noosa and send em an email. No need for deposit - just pay the bar man when we arrive. $55 single or $80 twin share.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/15 22:43

Got you PM faulked - good news - you got the day off.

What time will depend on if Aaron confirms with us and if we go to the boat show or not.

You good to book the pub? Here's the contact.

Villa Noosa Hotel

Mary Street, Noosaville

Queensland AU Phone: (07) 5430 5555

Fax: (07) 5430 5588

E-mail: Villa.Noosa.Hotel@alhgroup.com.au

Archived