Reef Charter , Who is interested

Lozzel

Well a couple of guys tried to kick this off in another post, so now its my turn.

Tried to get hold of BKs but to no avail (wouldnt reply to any e-mails). So sent off an e-mail to Fish The Deep. Replied today copy attached.

Plan 1; The plan was to book the boat for a morning fish, boat is $1100 for 12 people. Available dates are listed in the e-mail.So a date will have to be settled,than a deposit sent.

Plan 2; If we cannot get 12 people to go than the ones wanting to go we can arrange to go together on a mixed trip, when numbers allow. Maybe 3,4or5, cost is a little extra $105, I think.

Any how have a look and let me know what you think.

Laurie

Hi Laurence, thanks for your email

We generally book out 6 weeks in advance for our weekend bookings.

Here are the next available weekend dates for morning private boat bookings:

Sunday 22nd July

Sunday 5th August

Sunday 12th August

Sunday 19th August

Sunday 26th August

Saturday 1st September

Sunday 2nd September - fathers day

Saturday 8th September

Sunday 9th September

Most weekends after then

The prices on our website at www.fishthedeep.com.au are current.

The half day charters are 5 1/2 hours and run from 6.00am-11.30am or 12.00-5.30pm.

They cost $1100.00 for a private boat booking and include your rods, reels, bait, tackle, morning or afternoon tea, soft drinks, water, tea and coffee.

For weekend bookings the deposit is required within 1 week of making a booking. Winter is our busiest season and can book out very fast.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Thanks

Susan Johnson

Phone: 0755 28 95 78

Mobile: 0416 22 44 12

www.fishthedeep.com.au

bookings@fishthedeep.com

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be available

Sunday 22nd July

Sunday 5th August

Sunday 12th August

Sunday 26th August

Saturday 1st September

Saturday 8th September

Sunday 9th September

For around $100 I could stretch it, and would be in. I have never done a charter, and would like to do one at least once!

Sounds good to me Angus, Whos wife would stop her loved one going fishing for FATHERS DAY. :whistle:

Will let it run for awhile to see what others think.

1st /2nd September could be the days then.

If anyone wants to do a trip before then, I am keen to go most week-ends (sat)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all; Sorry for not posting anything sooner.

I was waiting untill after the HINZ dam trip to start making arrangments.

At this moment it looks SAT 1st Sept is the date

(day before FATHERS DAY) is this OK.

Let us know what you think.

Looking at the replies we have a crew of 8 + a couple of maybes. We do need 12 to make it cheaper (ie book the whole boat).

Till next time. Laurie.

Feral wrote:

Saturday would be good. I'll pick my moment with the \"trouble and strife\" to let her know she does not have to worry about a fathers day pressie for me from the kids!

No socks and jocks for you feral!

I should be good that date :woohoo: For once someone picked a day I'm free. Loving it!

id love to go to guys if theres any room left:) if you have to many there are bigger boats available and we could allways put in a little more cash for elbowroom if youve ever been on a charter they do like to take a full boat :pinch: tight lines guys

OK ; Looks like we have a crew. I'll get intouch with with the charter people and see about booking the boat.

The crew list is as follows..

1.. Lozzel

2.. Glenda

3.. Feral

4.. 2Wheels

5.. Bud

6.. Tim A

7.. Jeff F

8.. Kriso

9.. Booty in Blue

10. Do$tylz

11. Faulked

12. Angus ??

Reserve .. Gazza

// .. Aaron H

I Will keep you posted, when I hear back form \"Fish the Deep\". The date will be Sat 1st Sept I hope.

Laurie

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/06/06 11:21

This idea was initially Oztravs. Where is Oztrav. Hasn't been on since 7/5/7. Would seem a shame if he missed out.

(Not taking anything away from you Lozzel, it's just how I remember this getting started)

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/06/05 23:43

Ellicat; I know it was OZTRAVS Idea.But and the big BUT is ,OZ has left us for awhile. He has been busy with work and went on holidays.He has also taken a job in the MACKAY aera, So he'll be cleaning up on Barra up there. :pinch:

I dont think he would mind me taken over.

As it is for the good of the site & members.

Feral wrote:

Saturday would be good. I'll pick my moment with the \"trouble and strife\" to let her know she does not have to worry about a fathers day pressie for me from the kids!

Feral asif you wouldnt just say pay for my fishing trip women!!! that can be your fathersday present:cheer: B)

You bloody little ripper...can't wait to meet a few new faces and hopefully have bruises from that butt end digging in all day. Let us know dates and when we pay and I am a happy man. Thanks lozzel for all you organising.;)

Lozzel wrote:

OK ; Looks like we have a crew. I'll get intouch with with the charter people and see about booking the boat.

The crew list is as follows..

1.. Lozzel

2.. Glenda

3.. Feral

4.. 2Wheels

5.. Bud

6.. Tim A

7.. Jeff F

8.. Kriso

9.. Booty in Blue

10. Do$tylz

11. Faulked

12. Angus ??

Reserve .. Gazza

// .. Aaron H

I Will keep you posted, when I hear back form \"Fish the Deep\". The date will be Sat 1st Sept I hope.

Laurie<br><br>Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/06/06 11:21

Is it possible to go with a company with 2 boats?

I know there are a few around.

I have wanting to go:

Me & my dad.

Natalie & her dad.

Jaharn & her dad.

And thats without asking around......

Just a thought.

I am still keen either way, but being for fathers day i would really like to drag the old man a long.

Angus

That's not fathers day is it...please tell me no cause if it is I will have to break down in tears and pull out as there is no way I am missing fathers day with my kids. Please tell me fathers day is on the sunday....PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEEE:unsure:

An Update.

Spoke to \"fish the deep\" charters today, and the morning trip is already booked for the 1st Sept. Afternoon is still avilable at the moment.

Angus also asked to check out other charters that operate 2 boats. As the numbers are increasing.

The only one I could find on the net was \"Noosa Bluewater Charters\". So I sent them an E-Mail and awaiting reply. Will update when it is recieved.

Cost seems to be about the same, also they will do a 3/4 day trip. will find out cost and let you know.

Their website is www.fishingnoosa.com.au

fishing charters.

let me know which way you would like to go.

Either way we will have to be quick to get in deposit.

Laurie

Post edited by: Lozzel, at: 2007/06/07 17:24

Reply from \"Noosa Blue Water Charters\"

If you wish to book the boats then I would get in as soon as possible as trips are

filling up very fast at the moment.

The cost per boat is $110 per person for the half day and $145 per person

for the 3/4 day

Deposits would have to be paid two weeks prior to departure and this would

be a 50% deposit.

The Saturday is available at this stage for both boats.

Each boat can take 12 passengers.

Hope this information helps.

Regards

Tony WEBBER

The cost for a 1/2 day is $110. ea That is about $15 dearer than the boat from southport.

We already have enough people to fill 1 boat , Plus 1/2 the other . If we can get another 6 members to go we can fill both.

I am prepared to the extra if others are.

Let me know ASAP as I'll have to book 1 of them.

Laurie

Archived