Not wanting to down play.......

goldnugget

Hi guys, I dont want to down play in any way shape or form what is happening south of us from Hervey Bay, but we have been cut off from any supplies from the south since Saturday and all the supermarkets are nearly out of all food stuffs, toilet paper, all fresh produce (meat veg etc)...we were expecting deliveries to start coming through from today onwards, but ofcourse with everythinbg else going on this wont happen and we dont know when we will get any new stock in. Personally we are okay, while montoring all the data I knew this would happen and did stock up as much as practical, but in an isolated town population of thousands cut by regional flooding its starting to be a bit of a concern. The only way to bring stuff into hervey bay would be by air(airport is operational), or through the ports up north and trucked down and I am concerned we will now be 'forgotten' for a while.

Again, absolutely not intending to downplay the perils of what is happening down there, I still have roof over our heads, food in the pantry for me missus and 4 kids and fishing gear if we start to run out completely. Blaming no-one, not bitching, just letting people know....

My thoughts are with you and your family mate. We are still cut off here too. i also made sure we went shopping and stocked up before the flood. Even though the wife didnt see the point, as we are not going to be effected! lol Bloody Melbournites!!!!!;)

Kilcoy is in a similar situation. Been cut off from the east since we drove through on Sunday. Was cut off from the west later that afternoon, (we came home via Mt Glorious which was closed on Sunday night or monday morning). My inlaws and kids are up there at the moment, and they say the supplies have been nonexistent since Monday.

Hopefully these small towns are recieving the attention from the powers that control resources. Wouldn't be much fun out there at the moment.

I saw reports that they are airlifting stock from interstate at the moment and as the Bruce highway opens tomorrow there is meant to be a convoy of trucks coming up...but we will see. Feel sorry for all the holiday folk stranded up here, probably leaving tomorrow and heading back to Brisbane where their homes are.

Brisbane will also get a heap of stock from southern states as well.

Archived