FIRST BASS!!!!!!!!!

Fangdangle

I finally nailed a bass on the weekend. I have hooked up 2 before but this was the fist guy I actually landed in the kayak.

It is just over 35cms.

He's in my mates pool now. We have been stocking it over the last few weeks with bream, catfish, a couple of murray cod we bought from a fish farm and little fishies for them all to eat. And now a BASS, yeah, go me.

The pool is inground and doesn't get used so it is nice and green.

We have been leading up to a fishing comp with a few more mates, there's 10 so far paid up, $20 each and the rule is that there is a 3 fish limit and the one with the highest total weight wins $100.

he rest goes into restocking the esky!!

We use little toyworld rods to make it more interesting.

It is called the Birkdale classic.

We have not had any casualties yet, fingers crossed bassy likes the pond too.

I got him on worms but would like to go back and try for more, any suggestions?? Bass targeting is new to me, I have been interested in them, but never really learned much until I realised they were under my nose the whole time.

The cod are fish farm ones, 35cm, that is the commercial 'plate size' produced.

Because of water restrictions, my friend doesn't worry about the pool so we thought it was a good idea at the time. There are two resident toads, hackett and thorpie too, they go for the bait as well, but we don't let em bite. When you look down from upstairs you can see the fish at the surface, but they disappear when you go out the back.

If all these guys do well, we are thinking of adding some perch, yellow bellies and some barcoo.

Archived