2011 Winter Camp Dates Confirmed

Angus

Dear members,

The dates for the 2011 Winter Camp have been confirmed.

The event this year will be taking place at Maroon Dam.

The option will be open for people to head out friday night in preperation for an early start Saturday.

There will also be some sweet presentations on the Saturday afternoon from a couple of tackle dealers.

Please click to the below link to RSVP and check the dates out in the AFO Calendar.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/community/events/viewevent/47-2011+Winter+Camp+

The final tweaks are just beinf made to the format and the article and registration details will be added to the AFO forum this week. Cheers.

Angus

Much better location than the hinze with no steep hills to walk up at the camp itself.

Petrol both 2 and 4 stroke with no hp limits allowed.

located at the top end of the dam near the timber and away from the waterski area.

You can leave your boat at the waters edgeas launch area is on the same property but i would remove sounders and rods as a precaution as the launch area is a couple of hundred yards away and out of sight of the camp area.

Wonder if night sessions are allowed there as I dont think that its a SEQ water dam.

Anyhow I am In.

Cheers

Ray

Quite a bit of shoreline to fish from but it will depend on how much weed is there.

If steve wilkes runs to form he will have leccy powered canoes or quintrex explorers available for people who do not own a boat. I reckon that would be a much better option as it will open up a much larger area for you to fish.

Cheers

Ray

Quite a bit of shoreline to fish from but it will depend on how much weed is there.

If steve wilkes runs to form he will have leccy powered canoes or quintrex explorers available for people who do not own a boat. I reckon that would be a much better option as it will open up a much larger area for you to fish.

Cheers

Ray

Is Steve running this one?

Steve Wilkes is the owner of Sports Tuition and he has just aquired the management of Camp Lakefire. Steve has always run previous Winter Camps.

Do a search on prev ious camps.

He is a very proficient operator and does all the organising including supply of bait and catering and accomodation.He can even supply fishing gear if you do not have any.

It is a really good chance for freshwater novices to learn all about freswwater fishing as Steve will take you through the basics of how to rig your line,knots etc.

It is a total package all you have to bring is clothes and a sleeping bag and pillow.

Cheers

Ray

Steve Wilkes is the owner of Sports Tuition and he has just aquired the management of Camp Lakefire. Steve has always run previous Winter Camps.

Do a search on prev ious camps.

He is a very proficient operator and does all the organising including supply of bait and catering and accomodation.He can even supply fishing gear if you do not have any.

It is a really good chance for freshwater novices to learn all about freswwater fishing as Steve will take you through the basics of how to rig your line,knots etc.

It is a total package all you have to bring is clothes and a sleeping bag and pillow.

Cheers

Ray

sounds like awesome fun! I tried searching for the camp from last year but no luck

il try again

thanks Ray

Archived