Coomera 12/03/11

Schmuck

Took a couple of mates down to the Coomera river on Saturday night. Weather was a little unstable that day with moments of muggy weather followed by rain and cold wind, but as we launched the boat it settled down to a nice cool breeze and fortunately stayed that way.

Along the way to our destination we picked up a castnet or two of livies, then anchored up for the night and floated out the livies.

Didn't take long and first up was this GT. With a locked up reel on a broomstick of a rod, the tussle was similiar to trying to walk a medium sized, but energetic, dog on a leash. Not the biggest GT, but a couple of bonus points for the fight he put up.

post-3974-144598584437_thumb.jpg

A pair of 35 & 40cm cod, several bream and probably 1.5 hours later; finally something decent smashed the herring. Managed to drag it away from the pontoon and up pops a little jack.

post-3974-144598584442_thumb.jpg

post-3974-144598584447_thumb.jpg

Didn't stay that much longer after that, but did managed to get owned by one fish that just didn't stop until it was home. We trolled around for about half an hour before calling it quits.

hmmm good one. I must be the unluckiest Jack fisherman in the Coomera everybody is getting into them. Good looking fish. Was the Trev caught at night time?

Yeah mate, got the trev at night. Your jack might just be one trip away mate. They can be frustrating fish somedays, where you'll be bricked before you know it. And other days you'll wind them up like bream :pinch:

hmmm good one. I must be the unluckiest Jack fisherman in the Coomera everybody is getting into them. Good looking fish. Was the Trev caught at night time?

Yeah mate, got the trev at night. Your jack might just be one trip away mate. They can be frustrating fish somedays, where you'll be bricked before you know it. And other days you'll wind them up like bream :pinch:

Never caught a Trev at night. Would have been good.

i know it's a tuff job but I'll show you on sunday how to catch them AGAIN. :whistle: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Archived