sunday bassin n.p dam

Plastic Man

after hearing all the reports on north pine of late myself and stu thought we would give it a go this morning.Getting to the car park at 5 30 we started our walk in the dark to were we thought we could find deep water.Once there it wasnt long before i got my first bass in a while still in the dark nice little fight 40 cm bass after this we done the same this all morning and ended up with 10 bass biggest being 42 cm great morning for fisrt time there .tight lines

hahaha love the knee deep photo, it is an all too familar situation at north pine. You often see deep holes around the dam whewre people have come to the same conclusion - NEVER TAKE SHORTCUTS AT NORTH PINE DAM :lol:

The mud often looks hard on the surface, but can be very soft and wet just cm's underneath. Its almost a given at north pine to expect to get covered in mud whether its due to sinking or getting a face full of mad while trying to release fish :P

-nelson-

yeh it's all worth it to nail some quality bass I have'nt land based fished much for bass normally in my boat casting lures but after this morning I will do it more often good to get out and get some exercise at the same time, thanks to your N.P reports adventure angler it got me off my butt to try something differnt

i've been fishing Forgan cove for ages, as it was one of the more conveinient places for mum to take me, yet i have never caught anything. looking at the photo's that have been taken, im pretty sure i have fished in ALL of the places in the background, using a variety of spinnerbaits and G-vibes, yet i havent caught a thing. I have come upon the decision that i am mearly a freshwater noob but it can be quite annoying when you put in the hours without result. i am planning to go back this weekend depending on rugby and school - anyone got any suggestions for what i should try?? - i know that you need to look for the deep channels, inlets, snags etc. - and of course to look out for quik mud:P - ive been caught out many times before

any information would be great

yeah mate just look for the deep water and big long casts with jackalls and spinerbaits it was esay for me when i found the deep water i have been there before a few times and not got even one hit once you find the good water you should be right good luck on the weekend i will be going there on sunday and make sure you are there nice and early thats when i got all my fish.tight lines

Nice report.

that pic with the mud is great! I nearly lost one of my vans that way and walked around with about 2kg of mud on one foot for the rest of the day.

I will be getting a single g-vibe for this weekend, see if they can mach jackalls.

Good pics too.

Archived