Somewhere different.

rayke1938

Dino and I went to somewhere different from our usual haunts this morning.

After a long drive we arrived at around 10 to 6 to find the gate locked.:blink:

i didn't know that this location had hours of operation. The sign on the gate said gate closed at 6pm but nothing about opening times.

The walk down the hill looked too daunting so we went for a little drive around and when we came back the gate was open.

Found a nice looking area so we set up camp.

post-230-144598590971_thumb.jpg

Didn't take Dino long to get on with a spangles but at least fish are there.

post-230-14459859102_thumb.jpg

]

We then caught a succession of spangles with a few tiny bass and Dino also got a large eel that he lost on the edge.

post-230-144598590992_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598590997_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598591002_thumb.jpg

Whilst it was very relaxing sitting in a chair under the shade of a tree Dino decided to go for a bit of a walk and explore.

He found a promising set of rapids followed by a pool where he lost a sx40 to a good fish. He then flicked a shrimp into the end of the current line and was on immediately.

post-230-144598591006_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598591011_thumb.jpg

After a yell an a holler I packed up the gear and moved down and the action was on being fast and furious.Whilst most of the fish were around 25cn there were a few over the 30cm mark and they all fought well in the strong current.

We lost a few fish because they attempted to run sideways into some large rocks.

We were getting a fish nearly every cast.

I will attempt to download a video later.

We got a bit tired so we decided to go back to original spot and have a cuppa and a sit down fish

Bit of wildlife on the way back.

post-230-144598591038_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598591042_thumb.jpg

We then each got a yella;

post-230-144598591047_thumb.jpg

post-230-144598591015_thumb.jpg

And numerous spangled again.

No idea how many fish we caught but it was the best session I have had this year.

Dino thanks for the company and the lift.

Cheers

Ray

post-230-144598590982_thumb.jpg

looks sooo nice. in the 2nd photo the sign from above looks a little daunting :pinch: :lol:

edit it disappeared ????

I am having all sorts of problems with the site timing out and loose photos all the time.. Havent got a clue how to fix it.

Vaguely remember a sign no swimming and dont drive on grass not certain maybe Dino will remember. Havent got a clue how to

Cheers

Ray

Looks like awesome ground!

I know a Ryanyoung and Jimmybob that will be Pming for location hints :)

Angus

i got a feeling i may know where it is..but my lips are sealed ray n dino B)

gotta love the skinny water! well done on sussing out the new grounds boys!

Well done guys, we had all our action above the weir on Saturday, looks like u found some more good spots out there. Got our yellas in the same spot Dino's photo is in. Did u get any silvers?

No silvers and only 2 yellas looks like arvo session may be more productive in that spot.

Quite amusing at one stage when 3 young blokes arrived and loudly proclaimed look at the old blokes they are only bait fishing.

One of them asked Dino how was he going and he responded "lost count at 50 bass mate."

They went down to the rapids with their lures and ubeaut rods and baitcasters and caught nothing.:P

Cheers

Ray.

Location hint

Within 2 hours of Brisbane and postcode begins with 4.

aaron may or may not give more.

R

Tom Shelter sheds and Toilets didn't notice barbys but nice looking restaurant nearby.

Cheers

Ray

Looks like awesome ground!

I know a Ryanyoung and Jimmybob that will be Pming for location hints :)

Angus

i got a feeling i may know where it is..but my lips are sealed ray n dino B)

gotta love the skinny water! well done on sussing out the new grounds boys!

I too have my thoughts on where it is....Fantastic country out that way, and it looks like you picked a pearler of a day to give it a crack. There is nothing better than having a spot that is peaceful, away from man-made sounds and clear, sweet water!!!

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived