Fresh Water lures/spinners

Ash

Hey everyone,

I have recently had a stint at fresh water fishing and enjoyed it thoroughly! My questions is to those who use hard and soft lures, as well as spinners in the fresh water. What seem to be the best working. What should i look for when purchaseing lures for damns or streams.

thanks

Ash

hey ash...make sure when ya ask the takle joint...to ask for spinnerbaits...not spinners...spinners would probaly get ya few fish but the spinnerbaits are the go.....and kmart sell stumpjumpers there quite cheaper than anywhere else.....and another goody is the deception shrimp......and as for spinnerbaits....the one with 2 blades go deeper than the ones with 1........and its seems to be the case that yellowbelly prefer dark lures than fluro ones.........hope this gives ya an idea where to spend ya hard earned cash...make sure ya spend some fopr me cuz im broke:P

Spinner baits are the wierdest looking thing, you would never reckon you would catch fish on.

They look like a coathanger with no base on them, with hooks on one arm and a metal spinner on the other (maybe some tassles or similar around the hooks)

Apparently have been quite successfull the last year or two on Bass, yellow belly etc.

I use same reels for salt and fresh, with 6lb mono them. Reels used in fresh need a lot less care, its up to you, but you dont want much bigger line for fresh or it will affect your catch rate.

i have recently purchased the squidgey secrets dvd and the squidgey spinner baits look pretty good... they arnt skirted like normal spinner baits you attach a squidgey sp tail insted... it combines probably the best 2 lures for fresh water together and makes one realy awesome one... they copter on the drop aswell and dont need to be retreived as fast as other spinner baits to get the blade helicoptering..

they caught quite a few bass and saratoga on them so they look pretty successful.. but i dont no too much about fishing the fresh... esspecialy with spinnerbaits

troy

Archived