New Local Spot

Manni79

Hey Guys

Well after spending the morning at "Lost World" catching a few bass, including my first Silver Perch and enjoying an awesome lunch with the Fellas afterwords, well I was nearly home and still had the need to fish !!

I had a spot near my house i wanted to try, seeing as i had all my gear in the car i headed over, when i got there i could see well into the water and saw 3 Bass swimming, 1 large and 2 small, with the blood pumping I got my rod and had a crack.

After my 3rd cast I pull in a good ol' Spangled Perch !!

post-8859-144598597713_thumb.jpg

It's quite a nice little spot, a few turtles and ducks hanging out, but definitely a couple Bass lurking too !!

post-8859-144598597718_thumb.jpg

A few casts later a couple hits but no hooks ups, after about 15 mins i start working the Atomic lure against the bank for 2 more Spanglies and one more decent hit. 30 to 45 mins goes past and i donate my lure to the tree, decided to call it a day and will go back and hit this spot in the morning soon.

Thanks Ryan, It's the kinda spot you may spend an hour as they catch on pretty quick.

Not many other spots available due to the scrub along the banks.

Will try it out a couple more times

Yeah Eug - you gotta atleast have a look and see what happens, never know what treasures are out there !!

i know exactly where that last pic is, you wouldnt think there would be very much in there besides catties,turtles and eels...i know where that creek flows from aswell and have been told there are no bass in there, so does that mean they have come out of another river and travelled upstream?

If its where I'm thinking of, near the spot you have the 'birds eye view' I've seen a few carp/koi or something - was some bright orange fish about the same size as your spanglie, if not a bit bigger.

Haven't been there since the floods though, but I know the water through there was pumping pretty hard. The spot where you get your birds eye view (again, assuming I'm thinking of the same area) was completely underwater.

thats a cool catch manni, yeah its good knowing there a spot close to home that holds agresive little natives like that :woohoo: they go hard for little buggers ay

Yeah Mick spanglies are fun especially if you only got a short way to get there.

Just gotta work the spot a few times and see what happens

Archived