Mid-Range baitcaster

Jords

Expecting a bit of insurance money ($230ish) to come in for my rod and reel which were damaged in a car accident 2 moths ago (took their time!), and was looking at what I should replace it with. Original combo was a ABU 5600C4 with some dodgy rod i got on sale (wilson storm 2 from memory). Already bought a replacement rod (2-4kg 7' stick from austackle) was just wondering what you guys suggest I should match it with. Want to run 14-20lb braid on it, so I can still chase bass, but have a bit of extra strength there to chase something a bit bigger.

Would like to try and get away with spending $150 at most, so that I can donate the rest to a splendour ticket :cheer:

if you are patient, some of the tackle junkies on the forums sell good gear at a fraction of new price in new condition, usually with good braid already spooled on them.

I love my Daiwa Megaforce with a twitching bar for bass, and also a Daiwa Coastal for bigger fish, but will still cast smaller lures pretty well

actually, come to think of it i have a chronarch 100D7 i'd let go for 150. reason for the cheap price is I failed to rinse it out after a salt session and it seized up a bit, has been cleaned and lubricated back to excellent working order. would be a great reel for your purposes, its history just demands a lower price. if i didn't tell you about it you'd never realise (think they retail for 500 ish)

just be careful with the chronarchs in the salt if you decide to pick it up, give em a good rinse and take out the spool to air dry

actually, come to think of it i have a chronarch 100D7 i'd let go for 150. reason for the cheap price is I failed to rinse it out after a salt session and it seized up a bit, has been cleaned and lubricated back to excellent working order. would be a great reel for your purposes, its history just demands a lower price. if i didn't tell you about it you'd never realise (think they retail for 500 ish)

just be careful with the chronarchs in the salt if you decide to pick it up, give em a good rinse and take out the spool to air dry

Have used this reel mate you would not be ablt te tell the difference ;)

Archived