keeping earthworms

James W

im keen to take some earthworms to hinze this weekend..but whats the best way to keep em in good nick for a coulple of days?...im gunna dig a heap this arvo and tomorrow arvo...any help would be great...they might need to survive for at least 3 days....any ideas?

Jimmy like Angus said but put them in the fridge....

I did hear many years ago of an old timer that fished freshwater quite alot for catching garden worms he said \"when the ground is wet after rain or watering take 2 long pieces of fencing wire and hook them up to a full charge car battery and stick the other ends into the ground with about a foot between the two ends this will cause discomfort to the little buggers and they will wiggle out of the ground to get away from it\"

I dont know if this works but hey he was the old guy and look like he had been around the paddock a few times.........:dry:

Another method of getting worms without having to dig at all is - a wet spud bag and drag it over a fresh cow / horse pat and leave on the ground in a shady area of your garden for a day or two, poo side down. Always worked on the farm, fold a quarter of the sack over and pick em up.

I guess city slickers might have trouble finding cow or horse sh!t, let alone rubbing a sack in it. :sick:

:whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers

James

wow..thanx for all the help guys!

bud- been getting a bit of rain of late and have grey water up the back of the yard keeping it all nice and moist.

tim a- no you cant have any for your secret np dam trip:P

wolfy- ok..dont leave em in the car...thanx;)

feral- allround angler, yes i have bought them there before..just wanted to take some bigger fatter ones but yes, if i do have trouble getting enough thats where i will be getting them..cheers;)

dazza- yes have heard of that trick..and in the fridge hey?..cool..get it \"cool\":P cheers dude

aaron- theres always one aint there:P ...cod bait mate..cod bait;)

big unit- yes have heard of that one also...a big cheers to you also;)

Best way to get worms i have found is in the storm water drains. Theres one next to my house and its generally moist down the bottom where there is all leaf litter and soil, even when we havent had much rain. The thing is usually full of them! Just lift the grate and have a dig around.

;) Joel

Archived