Wahoo and some reefies

nadders

As a follow up to the bay report, the 2nd part of our trip was an offshore bash chasing some pelagics and jigging some threadybusters on the close reefs (20-30m depths)

it didn't take long to get onto some wahoo, but we had a catastrophic failure with a double strike ending in two pinged lines and 2 lost lures lol. after that only 1 rod went out and it caught a nice one around 18kg and 150cm:

p4150206.jpg

after this one we went to the reefs, first jig down and i must have gotten about 10 vicious strikes before hooking up this little bugger

p4150210.jpg

p4150208.jpg

proceeded to get around 6 more of these toothy little bass, they were very thick and very vicious lol.

another cool catch was this moses, i'm used to getting the 15cm kind in the river so was happy to see him come along:

p4150216.jpg

p4150217l.jpg

Angus i'll drop that rod back to you tomorrow, will give you a ring, it was a comfy rig to fish with out there and in the bay. unfort still no longtail to it's name but that's life.

The green striped 95mm threadybuster seemed to get alot of attention during the daylight hours in the clear water out there, with the glows doing the damage on the nighttime snappa.

As you can see conditions were glassed made for a comfy trip, though after 2 days of fishing in a 4.5m boat I was def feeling it this morning

cheers

Dan

thanks guys, tristan you would have got a good giggle out of watching me try and get it up for a pose, slippery as hell and very awkward lol.

yeah angus the red bass were really cool little fish, very clean looking and as i said very vicious too lol.

The nordic did a good job thanks again for the loan

cheers

Dan

thanks guys, tristan you would have got a good giggle out of watching me try and get it up for a pose, slippery as hell and very awkward lol.

yeah angus the red bass were really cool little fish, very clean looking and as i said very vicious too lol.

The nordic did a good job thanks again for the loan

cheers

Dan

Which Nordic Stage did you use?

thats a moses perch for sure red bass dont have yellow fins or a spot. awesome fish but were these off the cape or south passage?

cheers everyone,

dave the fish above the moses was the red bass lol, and it was off the cape

manni i used the 9 foot long "favourite" which reminds me to call angus and drop it round this arvo lol.

Archived