HAWAII AND FIIJI FISHING

summerbreeze

Gday guys,

Just wondering if anyone has been fishing in Fiji or Hawaii or knows of anyone who has and can maybe give us an idea of what we will find & where to find it. I currently have absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of fishing over there. Any info & stories are most welcome :)

Cheers

'Hows the serenity?'

post-8546-144598604648_thumb.jpg

post-8546-144598604654_thumb.jpg

I got stuck into Wahoo and Blue Marlin. My arms felt like jelly at the end of the day! I was a tad disappointed that there werent any Bream for me to terrorize but :P

I never tried to pop for GT's but thats what I will do when I get a chance to head back over, Id love to get one on fly tackle.

What do you plan on targeting?

Fiji is great. Went to Malolo Island last year JUne and it was great fishing. We had a Private villa with Private beach access and Kayaks to use, just about 100m paddle to the drop off from the reef and caught GT, Mackarel, Red Bass, Tuna, Coral Troat, COral Cod and a few other good size species. The sport fishing wasn't soooo good but that's because on the side of the reef we were trolling had 12 foot waves rolling in, still got tuna though.

Best fishing was defintly off the yaks and just flicking lures around. You can organise with the locals to take you out in a long boat, cost about $30 an hour and we got 4 people in ther easily.

mainly game fishing in hawaii... big tuna and bill fish. don't bother with deep sea as it's overfished kindergarden fish almost everywhere in O'ahu (main island). the other islands are great with significantly less fishing pressure (and less tourists).

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply guys thanks for the advice! We have no idea what we want to target cause we have no idea whats there. ( Hence why I turned to you guys :P)

In Fiji we are staying on the coral coast,Viti Levu island and in Hawaii we are staying at Oahu. That sucks that its mainly game fishing in Hawaii but definitely looking forward to lots of fishing in Fiji. Heading out with the locals sounds like the best bet. Tikki169 I like the sound of all those species! I think in Hawaii we will just enjoy relaxing, the beach and best of all ESCAPING REALITY FOR A WHILE ! :)

Cheers everyone!

Archived