Live bait - Tail biters

mickzxc

Hey all,

Been live baiting recently in the bay, I've been hooking the livies just behind the head but more often than not have been pulling up a half bait with the tail end bitten off. Any ideas of what would be taking the livies from the tail and any suggestions on a better rigging method? Stinger hook?

Cheers.

Or a two-hook snelled rig - one behind the head and one near the tail. Although I did this on Monday at Mud on my overhead out the back and reeled it in to find both hooks had been bitten off. Weird as the line didn't run at all so must have bitten clean through straight away.

Or a two-hook snelled rig - one behind the head and one near the tail. Although I did this on Monday at Mud on my overhead out the back and reeled it in to find both hooks had been bitten off. Weird as the line didn't run at all so must have bitten clean through straight away.

ahh the classic mystery hook disappering trick from a little shark . had this happen a few times

ahh the classic mystery hook disappering trick from a little shark . had this happen a few times

The live bait was about 20cm long so I was VERY disappointed that it went to waste!!!!!!

Them big green sea toads are legends of that trick as well.

Is try a stinger hook mate..

Archived