Looking for some whiting in the Brissie area

craigo

Hello team. My first post.

Introducing myself I fished a little as a youngster but didnt really start again until say a year ago when a mate took me down to the spit on the goldie where I managed a whiting. not braggin by the way. haha. Ever since Ive been pretty much obsessed spending countless hours watchin the lifestyle channels various fishing shows and wandering the isles of bcf and tacklestores.

Work in the Brewing dept at XXXX and do some wacky hours which is why you'll always see my name browsing the site at all hours. I'll stop boring you now.

Love lure fishin guys and I can already see that my lure addiction is nearly getting as bad as some of you other lads on the side. The girly gives it to me anyway. Managed my first bream on hardbody a few weeks ago. I was a happy chappy.

Thought I'd put out the question to you knowledgable fishos. Am really keen on chasin some whiting but was after some advice where to start off. Was lookin to head out to the nudgee sand flats for a go this weekend. Would this place hold some whiting? Im armed with some bubble pop 45's as whiting on a lure would be so sweet. also stradic Ci4 1000/t-curve T-series 1-3kg. 6lb Nitlon braid

Would Nudgee hold some whiting? any other suggestion where I could get em?

Does anybody know of some yabbi banks that could be pumped in the brissie area? (Live in Auchenflower by the way)

Thanks for listenin team

Craigo

Mate I used to go after whiting in brassy once or twice a week all year round ( before I moved to cairns ) tried plenty of spots and found the most productive around shorncliffe and sandgate, also margate beach. Tides, moons and time of year always played a big part. I do hear that lota creek on the southside does alright. I've caught some quality whiting at nudgee but they are quite rare.. They seem to come and go in schools that are there for about only 2 minutes if that. But never tried the flats at nudgee. Wading out there is definitely worth a try. Never had any luck with whiting in brissy with lures only fresh or live bait, but that's just me. Hope this helps. Jaymz

Craigo welcome to the site from another Newbie mate. I've got a spot at boggy creek that has never failed to give up whiting, and always a few hitting the 30cm mark, but that's with the dreaded servo prawn not plastics. I was getting all sorts of knocks when I chucked out a gulp minnow the other day but had to pack up shop before the action started. Did pull up a crab however. Anyway mate have a poke around there if you the chance.

Alex.

Just check that you only fish near the mouth of the canal. Out across the flats of nudgee will see you fishing in a Restricted Green Zone. Check out link below

/>http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=moreton+bay+green+zones+map&aq=1&aqi=g4g-v1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=655405dc90d6606b&biw=1272&bih=595

Don't want you to get "stung" just getting back into fishing.

Thanks heaps fellas.

gotta few good spots to keep me going for the next few weeks. Just gotta find the time hey.

Let you know how I go.

thanks 'upwindoverdrive'. Saved me there. Didnt even occur to me. thats a good little site

Craigo

Just check that you only fish near the mouth of the canal. Out across the flats of nudgee will see you fishing in a Restricted Green Zone. Check out link below

/>http://www.google.com.au/#sclient=psy&hl=en&source=hp&q=moreton+bay+green+zones+map&aq=1&aqi=g4g-v1&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=655405dc90d6606b&biw=1272&bih=595

Don't want you to get "stung" just getting back into fishing.

Thanks mate i know about the green zone and dont fish there mate. Thanks for heads up anyway

Decided to head to brighton yesterday on the incoming tide.

Stayed for a BBQ and flicked around the flats with some atomics and sx-40's.

Got 3 whiting and a flattie all on lure. So ticked a box. they all went pretty small though.

perfect day with 0 knot winds.

Thanks for tip offs boys

Craigo

hey Craigo,

I've struggled to find anywhere in the Brisbane area that consistenetly gets whiting on poppers/lures landbased. They're out there, just not hitting lures.

Manly foreshore along lota creek at low tide is my go to spot. The yabbie banks there are the fullest I've ever seen them. Makes for an interesting trip back if you get caught by the tide. You don't wanna do it if you're somewhere close to 5ft in height and want to keep your crutch dry. Lots of flatties there for lures but yabbies for whiting.

The goldy and sunshine coast is where you'll get better results for popping for whiting. I've never tried redcliffe area so can't comment about there :)

Hope that helps mate.

Archived