Nth Pine Dam 4th and 6th June

adventure_angler

Hey all,

well hit up North Pine Dam again with my mate Andrew Monday morning and this arvo.

Monday:

Arrived at McGavins View at dawn and started off pretty slow until we found a spot that produced 5 fish in 15 minutes. At this point the ranger rolled up in his 4x4 and asked how we had been going and if we could move back towards the dam wall a bit. Got back to the dam wall and couldnt catch anything so decided to call it a day.

Wednesday:

With all the rain we have been getting decided we couldnt resist giving the dam a go. Arrived at 2pm and fished till 5pm managing to get a few nice bass. I managed 6 bass with Andrew getting 12. The bass were really energetic and fired up from all the rain and some of them put on real strong runs.

Mate good work.

Its posts like this that make me frustrated about Hinze.

A lot of people say its just how your using lures there. But i reckon at hinze between all of us every technique must have been employed. And then you go to NP a couple of days later and clean up.

Weird!

But good work.

Do you think it has something to do with NP being empty so the bass go for anything. But then again that does not really make sense either, because Baroon is full and thats a great dam for lure fishing.

Angus

Angus, yeh its definately weird.

All I can think of is that the bass must just have different feeding habits and the like. The bass at Hinze are known for fighting very well for their size, however, are usually smaller than the bass caught at various other places. Maybe they just feed in a different manner or on different food sources. They definately love the live shrimp, but wouldnt touch lures over the weekend. It would be interesting to hear Steves opinion on the matter.

Maybe the bass in Hinze are jsut used to feeding on small crustaceans or something reather than bait fish? I heard there wasnt bony bream in Hinze so something to do with different bait fish even?

I really dont know but its and interesting observation!

Anyone else got any ideas to explain this?

-nelson-

Archived