Fig Tree Pocket

tomca

Hello all, its my first post here so be gentle.

Since moving to Jindalee from Strathpine, I haven't had the chance to fish, coz I thought I'd have to travel.

Reading about what you lot are catching in the Brissie River inspired me to give it a go this arvo.

:woohoo: I was very impressed. The river is full of good fish.

I found a sandy beach at Fig Tree Pocket and threw out the cast net around 3 this arvo and after 5 casts had more than enough prawns and several mullet. That alone was a huge shock to me.

Put the 6\" mullet on a 4/0 hook and tossed him out for swim on a 16lb line with a trace and left it alone.

Fed a live prawn onto a size 1 bait holder on my light gear and not 2 minutes later had a legal bream. This went on for a while like this and as the tide slowed at dusk the big bream kept smashing the prawns. Kept a 36cm and a 27cm bream for tomorrows tea and released the rest.

After dusk, the mullet took off at speed and it took a while to slow down whatever took it. My poor light surf alvey was red hot after about ten minutes, then lost whatever it was. Inspection of my tackle revealed the clip at the end of the trace was mangled and the wire was all chewed up. Whatever it was must have had some teeth on it.

Looks like I might start having a fish of an afternoon again, now that I found there are fish just down the road.[img size=150]

Archived