north pine thrusday

Plastic Man

after watching the queenlanders smash the bules and after lots of beer i thought might have to take a day off.So i gave np a crack again today with my brother wayne was not a bad day we ended up with 6 bass and one nice little yella 5 of the bass and the yella were all caught on soft plastic and the other bass was taken on a jackall not a bad way to spend a day i should have been at work.

biggest fish of the day 49cm [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/ty2.jpg

post-1029-144598417958_thumb.jpg

Very Nice fish Plasticman. I'm jealous:P

your first pic SP looks almost identicle to the ones I tried yesterday and I didnt get a sniff!

1/4 weedless jighead with a 4\" pumpkinseed powerhawg and 3\" green pumpkinseed single tail.also tried the good ol chartruese double tail.

I think my main problem was getting enough casting distance as I had my pretty heavy 14 lb mono on.

It was mainly a \"go have a look\" session yesterday but I'm going to get serious and try NP again soon.

I'm thinking of either spooling up with fresh 6-8 fireline with 10 lb fluoro leader plus another spool with full 10 pound fluoro. Or maybe just go the fireline crystal?

The thing that worries me is those bloody giant yellowbelly I saw yesterday:(

Also just been googling texas and carolina rigging SP...anyone tried this?

cheers

Mojo

Archived