Great start to bass season!

Cheyne_jones

G'day all,

Was super keen to get off to a good start to bass season 2011/12 yesterday, so excited I left my tackle box at work :blush:

Anyways I had a bent minnow 86 sitting in the table at home so decided that would do and headed off to my little honey hole on the coomera that always produces big fish.

Trekked into the spot (really over grown), the river is flowing really hard due to recent rain events, so didnt expect much. Pinned the first cast hard into a undercut bank, two winds and bang game on. Took 5m of line instantly and bricked me! Not wanting to lose my favorite lure, I stripped down and went swimming to get the lure back.

After 20m of duck diving through the snags in the freezing water I managed to free the lure, fish still attached! The line was still all tangled in the snag so I bit through the leader and got the fish to the bank for a quick pic before release.

Didnt have a lie detector with me, so had to measure him against the rod when I got home, approx 42-44cm to the fork.

post-8993-144598671455_thumb.jpeg

Nice fish there mate I have a snag at my local with more of my lures stuck in it than i have in my tackle box. Tackle back and even grappling hook have never retreived a lure from it yet. If the water clears up i might go for a snorkle and find out what it is hope all the hooks havent rusted away since last bass season. I went down there thurs arvo and third cast found the snag again after 20mins mucking arround with tackle back and walking back and forth trying to pull it from the other side I eventually thought bugger it broke the line off and went home empty handed in the dark. You might think why does he keep casting at this spot but when your 2 pb bass over 50cm and a fair few others came out of this snag you would understand might also explain why I keep buying $4.25 lures from Kmart.

Archived