Tails keeps getting bit off

Cobra

I use alot of 3 to 6 inch size plastics.. I dont consider tailor vermen.. I like catching em.. And I use pike as bait.. hey thanks for the youtube video.. any info is most helpful.. cheers Jords go crack a beer from the fridge - legend

Way ahead of you, girlfriend's 18th tonight, a few drinks whilst setting up :whistle:

my opinion is small chopper tailor, fish somewhere else till the tide changes or downsize the lure if u must try to catch them. a decent fish of any kind will rarely clip the tails off, and tailor have the correct dentals to do the snipping. then again the speed or action u are moving the lure ..??? .. what r u fishing for ??. lots of variables.......... i have seen this happen mainly with the long wiggle tail type plastics, i called them baked beans after the attack... lol ...

cheers ...

I was having a lot of trouble with this mate, and through trial and error, plus a few helpful hints, have gone lighter on the jighead. Unless I'm fishing reasonable current, or larger depths, I will keep the weight to 1/28oz or less, or unweighted. This slows your sink rate obviously, and has the plastic in the strike zone longer, allowing the fish to have a decent crack at it, as opposed to a quick reaction swipe. Doing this has increased my count. Maybe something worth trying.

Cheers,

Ryan.

hey ryan, out of interest mate, i always try and fish as light as i can but it seems when i downsize from 1/6 i dont seem to have the same confidence that im actualy fishing the bottoms and the plastic isnt just suspended in mid water?

whats the way past that, im already fishing a 2-5 kg with 4lb braid and a 6lb fluro leader but i never seem to get any feel of the bottom when fishing lighter than 1/4

hey ryan, out of interest mate, i always try and fish as light as i can but it seems when i downsize from 1/6 i dont seem to have the same confidence that im actualy fishing the bottoms and the plastic isnt just suspended in mid water?

whats the way past that, im already fishing a 2-5 kg with 4lb braid and a 6lb fluro leader but i never seem to get any feel of the bottom when fishing lighter than 1/4

i agree with that, especially when you're landbased you want to cast as far as you can, and with a lighter jighead, i can't seem to make that possible.....

For me it is just a bit of experience from checking sink-rates in clearer water. I also judge it off the amount of line I have let out. There is probably a better way of telling, but I don't have the answer lol!

I was having a lot of trouble with this mate, and through trial and error, plus a few helpful hints, have gone lighter on the jighead. Unless I'm fishing reasonable current, or larger depths, I will keep the weight to 1/28oz or less, or unweighted. This slows your sink rate obviously, and has the plastic in the strike zone longer, allowing the fish to have a decent crack at it, as opposed to a quick reaction swipe. Doing this has increased my count. Maybe something worth trying.

Cheers,

Ryan.

yeah cool thanks for the tip Ryan..

I too always fish as light as I can but I never go lighter than 1/6.. Manly because of casting distance..

I went and got some stinger hooks ( as suggested ) on sunday so I am gonna give them a shot next time I go fishing too.. I will try going even lighter than 1/6 maybe

Archived