They are back......

jimjim

• 3 weeks later...

mate troll spoons at about 8klm to 10klm and the board swims down to 6 meters usually schoolies in about 10 meters of water with about 7 meters of 40lb leader from board to spoon. The arafura board is good but will go deeper than the yamashita i always have a couple of each on board. Try around dunich and myora beacon and banks around amity no shortage at the moment. Will be doing bulwer sunday morn and maybe curtin dependant on boat traffic will be in a yellow centre console, or a blue bluefin centre console.

Hey im interested in the trolling board and how you set yours up.

I got one yesterday and lost it today to something solid.

Do you keep trolling until the board surfaces with the fish in tow?

I have no experience prior to reading your post yesterday but im pretty keen to get into some spotties.

Cheers, Sehrguht.

Sehrguht mate i run 50lb braid to 80lb about two meters worth jinkai leader via an allbright knot, then 80lb leader to a snap swivel then the ring on the front of the board. mate there is no need for the leader just if want to make quick changes from board to hard body saves stuffin around. You will notice that there is three holes in your board then i have about 6inches of 80 lb from the centre hole with a shogun size 4 swivel. Then run about 6meters of 40lb mono back to your spoon, i have a split ring and a swivel on the spoon to prevent any line twists and this doesnt put them off. keep in mind that your yamashita board will swim down to 6meters and arafura to 7meters plus so keep in mind what depth of water you are in or you will loose your board from digging in. Mate will post pic in they are back.

Cheers jamie

post-3071-144598693435_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived