Brave, Dedicated, Keen or Stupid?

Tim a

Hey everyone,

Havn't reported in ages so thought I may as well report a trip Troy and I had today.

We woke up at 9ish to look out side and see branches all over the place and thought, where else but North Pine to fish? It's never windy there! EERRRRRRR!

We rugged up suitably and I decided I would try a softy to try get my first bass on Soft platics(caught heaps of jackalls and spinnerbaits and a few on tassies).

We arrived at Forgans at 11 am and started working our way right from the car park when. Has anyone seen North Pine with white caps? We have, it was the sought of weather even Jordan wouldn't swim troll in! We changed our minds after attempting to cast a few times into the wind and started walking left.

Too cut a long story short we spent ages walking and casting different lures including Jackalls and soft plastics for no fish or hits and we were getting disheartened when we found some sticks close to shore, ehh , lets fish them was the answer. Troy was flicking his 3\" gulp minnow on his IMX(which he broke later:P) and Daiwa Certate custom Finesse for a few mins at some sticks 3/4 metres from the bank and I was flicking my squidgy fish in gary glitter up and down some beatiful snags when finally Troy got smacked. He was using 3lb crystal with 10lb leader and the fish really game him some stick despite being small. I was suprised one would be this close as we weren't exactly the quietest people there. Few photos and off he goes.

We kept walking to another peak and I was still with out a fish and was slowly slipping into daydreaming mode but whilst practising casting with Troys Pixy Alphas(BC(As mine is coming this week :woohoo: ) I got smacked by yet another small bass, the bass were quite small at around 20cm each. Few photos and we started walking back casting at random structure. We weren't back very far when Trojan picked up another mini bass on soft plastic. This one went around 30cm but still on the IMX it looked awsome.

Anyway we worked our way home(talk around and hour) casting into coves and deep water before we were picked up and buggered off home for a niiice hot Milo.

Summary:

It was cold, windy, disgusting and the fish were very very slow.

[img size=455]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Tim_bass_Small_COLD_.JPG

post-96-144598418663_thumb.jpg

Answer to your question is - all of the above.:P

But still better than working/studying.

I remember reading an article somewhere that in times of wind the fish in dams tend to hang on the side of the dam to where the wind is heading. I've forgotten the specific reasons but remembered the important facts.

Re the Gary Glitter SP - Is it true they have to be used very stealthily and only attract the young fish ?;) :woohoo:

Post edited by: ellicat, at: 2007/06/20 23:39

Nice report Tim, (although I did not understand what you were talking about gear wise!) thats dedication for you.

Maybe I should give Troy's mobile number to Polyphonic so Troy can get stories of catching Barra while he is miserable as well! :P

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/06/21 03:41

Archived