SOO all is Quiet

Gad

Yeah where's the ribbing and jokes from you queenslanders :woohoo: :woohoo: , us New south welshmen are feeling a bit forgotten down here?? :unsure:

After all we are gunna be fishing in your waters this year, so it should be a cert that you guys will win ?? :cheer:

Whats the ratio on the registrations at the moment Angus ?? :unsure:

I'm getting the feeling I'll be fishing on my own?? :silly: :silly:

Cheers :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hi guys, what Ellicat has said is correct and i know i few guys who have ended up not where they want to be down the Pin area especially at night.

The area is a maze of islands and anyone even the NSWelshmen coming should familiarize themselves with the area.

Lots of sandbanks, not many channel markers and even fewer ones with lights at night.

A book called Hooked in Paradise "QLD edition" is probably the best one to look at, full satellite photos of the area plus what species your likely to catch there as well.

If i remember i will bring it to the briefing so anyone unfamiliar with the area can have a look.

Sorry for the lack of BS and Banter but i am never confident before a comp, i always think there is time enough after the comp for that sort of fun, first time i have ever fished for Queensland, cheers wayne

Hi guys, what Ellicat has said is correct and i know i few guys who have ended up not where they want to be down the Pin area especially at night.

The area is a maze of islands and anyone even the NSWelshmen coming should familiarize themselves with the area.

Lots of sandbanks, not many channel markers and even fewer ones with lights at night.

A book called Hooked in Paradise "QLD edition" is probably the best one to look at, full satellite photos of the area plus what species your likely to catch there as well.

If i remember i will bring it to the briefing so anyone unfamiliar with the area can have a look.

Sorry for the lack of BS and Banter but i am never confident before a comp, i always think there is time enough after the comp for that sort of fun, first time i have ever fished for Queensland, cheers

wayne

and don't forget the areas that have 40 km/h limit

Look forward to the report Ray, is there a secret species in this SOO comp or you must have a real good Bream spot up there do you, cheers wayne

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1) LONGEST BREAM

This category will consist of any Pikey or Yellowfin Bream. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Bream over the course of the competition.

medal_gold_31st: Nordic Stage Areal “Sharpshooter†(AR70-L) & Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack. (Total RRP: $479)

medal_silver_32nd: Nordic Stage Areal “Jaeger†(AR66-L) & Austackle Prize Pack (Total RRP: $300)

medal_bronze_33rd: Nordic Stage Areal “Gunslinger†(AR60-L)& Austackle Prize Pack (Total RRP: $295)

2) LONGEST FLATHEAD

This category will consist of any Flathead species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Flathead over the course of the competition.

medal_gold_31st: Nordic Stage Areal “Sharpshooter†(AR70-L) & Damiki/Pontoon 21 Prize Pack. (Total RRP: $479)

medal_silver_32nd: Nordic Stage Areal “Jaeger†(AR66-L) & Austackle Prize Pack (Total RRP: $300)

medal_bronze_33rd: ordic Stage Areal “Gunslinger†(AR60-L) & Austackle Prize Pack (Total RRP: $295)

3) LONGEST WHITING

This category will consist of any Whiting species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Whiting over the course of the competition.

medal_bronze_33rd: ordic Stage Areal “Gunslinger†(AR60-L) & Austackle Prize Pack (Total RRP: $295)

4) LONGEST JEWFISH

This category will consist of any Jewfish species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Jewfish over the course of the competition.

4)A LONGEST bass Exclusive Category for Rayke1938.

This category will consist of any bass species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest bass over the course of the competition.

5) JUNIOR ANGLER

This category will consist of the best fish measured in by a junior competitor (12 or under) during the competition.

Wayne category 4A..

Cheers

Ray :evil:

Yeah where's the ribbing and jokes from you queenslanders :woohoo: :woohoo: , us New south welshmen are feeling a bit forgotten down here?? :unsure:

After all we are gunna be fishing in your waters this year, so it should be a cert that you guys will win ?? :cheer:

Whats the ratio on the registrations at the moment Angus ?? :unsure:

I'm getting the feeling I'll be fishing on my own?? :silly: :silly:

Cheers :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey Dusky mate with all there guns gone nth you and manni should be able to win this thing between you both even with youngy there only gun even he will be out gunned. :lol::lol::lol: sorry I won't be their as i'm out of town next weekend.

OH and he only ever catchers whitting any way :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Ok guys now i see how this game is played, so lets play.

Dassa, i choose to catch whiting but if you want i will have a crack at the others, oh and i get called a lot of things but that's the first time i have been called a gun.

The beauty of comp fishing is your only as good as your next one not the previous ones, we all start off at 0 cm.

I have invited my NSW's mate up for the comp Robbie G, those of you that fished last years comp may remember him, still waiting to hear if he's coming but if he is he will be fishing with me in my boat and i will have enough trouble beating him let alone anyone else.

I may regret the invite by the end of the weekend but so be it.

Good luck to everybody and i am looking forward to it more and more now, see you there, cheers wayne

It's the calm before the storm Gad !!!

NSW inavading enemy turf and will take all the fish with it lol !!!1

bring it on fools !!

:lol::lol: 3/4 of you live in Paradise already,most through residency could already apply for citizenship,if it wasn`t Taboo :evil: :P

Yeah it'll be great to catch up ellicat, I'll be coming up on my own mate the young fella is not really interested in fishing yet, maybe next year?? We'll have a chin wag and a few quiet ales mate for sure. Youngy I'll be bringing my copy of hooked in paradise, plus I'll have my phone which has a GPs map. I won't be going out at night on the water my eyes bad enough during the day.

Dassa, we will give it our best shot mate, but without you there it'll be bloody hard, hope you have a good weekend. Lets hope the weather gods are kind to us . Cheers.

Hi Guys, just got back from the comp site for the Flathead Classic and the word is the weed is getting a bit better, so hopefully by next weekend it will be better still and the flathead will have recovered from this comp to be caught again in ours.

Some huge Jew caught in the area as well during the comp, so weather permitting it should be great.

Surfingant, i think the whiting on the cover looks great, the old fella holding it has seen better days, cheers wayne

Hey Angus will there be maps available for us NSW guys to look at outlining the green and no go zones??

Have a look at this website:

/>http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/parks_and_forests/marine_parks/moreton_bay_marine_park_zoning_plan_review/current_zoning_plan.html

All the official maps are there. They used to have free copies of the user guide in most tackle shops, but that was a while ago now. You may be able to contact DERM to see if there are copies available for you to pick up?

Archived