Plastics and sandgate/ Redcliffe area

friejuz

Hi Guys,

I have recently moved to Bracken Ridge near Sandgate and started using plastics with limited success. Looking to learn a little more about this type of fishing and catching more consistently. any one had any experiences in this area and like to help me out. I know it takes time but would really appreciate any advise.

Land based at the moment although looking to get tinnie soon.

Cheers.

Juz

Best suburb in Brisbane if u ask me....and yes I live there to lol

welcome to the site mate. My advice is to try as many spots as u can and as many different plastics as u can afford, different colours, size and shape etc. Change up your retrive method. Little hops along the bottom, or big hops along the bottom etc.

Send me a pm if ur ever keen to have a flick somewhere close to home

A mate of mine who lives in Brisbane has told me that he gets heaps of pike off the Shorncliffe pier and flathead at the mouth of Cabbage tree creek on plastics. Maybe two good local areas to flog to see what techniques and plastic styles work for you?

Pike will munch the plastics and cost a few $$$$$ bucks but still lots of fun.

A good place to start land based at Redcliffe is under the Hornibrook hwy bridge, walking the flats on a coming in tide chasing flathead. 4 inch minnow style plastics, 5 inch Damiki Armour shads are one of the best flatty plastics IMO. Also this spot is great http://maps.google.com.au/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl (hopefully it worked) the rocky out crops are within casting distance, go there on low tide check it out then return on a coming in tide and flick lightly weighted plastics over the rocks. Likely suspects include Bream and snapper as well as the odd cod, I find the 3 inch Damiki Armour shads to be the best plastic for the area especially in the ox blood and skin blue colours.

-link doesn't work, the spot is off Landsborough av

Hi christophagus,

It be good to get out with someone who knows a bit about your plastics and see in action. I let you know when Im hading out next and we can catch up for a fish.

Thanks Mate

PS agree I been here for couple months and love the area. close enough to city but still really close to beach.

Juz

Archived