First Black Marlin

dansike

Just a short report because I'm shagged. Been out on the water all day. Went fishing off Hamilton Island with a mate who lives there and has an awesome 38foot Cabo to chase some Macks, and hopefully my first black marlin. Trolled all morning for one missed fish, then did an hour of bottom bashing, where we cleaned up on Coral Trout and Red Throat Emperor. Back to trolling it was still a bit quiet. At 4pm we decided we'd give it until 4.30, so we could be back on Hamilton by 6. At 4.28 and just in time, my first Black Marlin smashed the skipping gar off the left outrigger. Boy oh boy did it SCREAM!! Only fishing an 8kg outfit, it was a spectacular sight, with all of the aerial antics they are famous for. About 15 or 20 mins later, we boated the approx. 55 to 60kg Black, before reviving it beside the boat and releasing it. Cheers...Dan

post-2056-144598716858_thumb.jpg

Haha. Good onya. Sounds like it was quite a buzz for you. Good luck getting to sleep :lol:
Yeh I was pretty pumped!! Slept like a baby and woke up ready to do it again today. The weather has turned to crap though, but its been a great day for chasing chicks instead. Or "sushi hunting" as they call it up here. Hence the name of my mates game boat "sushi hunter" :)

Archived