rod storage

fisherjack1394

hey guys, this has not been a problem for me so far along my fishing journey simply because I never thought I would have more that 3 or 4 rods :pinch: :silly: :lol: ohh boy i was wrong hahahaha.... I just bought another 4 rods mainly for bass but could be used for light cod and barra work also. I was just wondering how all you guys store your rods like have you made racks or what. photos would be awsome. looking to store up to 20 rods +

I am about to make some as i have just built a new workshop and moved all of my crap out of my double garage and free'd up the whole garage so now i have a dedicated built in wardrobe and one wall is going to be a rod rack.

I will be getting a length of Aluminium angle 50mm x 50mm x 3mm and screwing it to the wall. On this angle i will be screwing PVC plumbing cap ends at my desired rod spacing intervals acording to the larger and smaller outfits. The base of the rod will sit in these. At the top to hold the rods i will be getting another piece of angle screwing it to the wall up top and gluing a strip of rubber from clark rubber to it and wad punching holes in it at the same spacings as the bottom and cutting a slit to slip the top of the rod into. I have nearly 30 outfits and this is the most inexpensive way to do it. On my bigger game outfits with gimbal buts i am putting a small bolt through the PVC cap to locate the rod butt.

I will submit some pics next week when i have finished it.

I made my own rack out of 100 x 25mm Pine. Used a 50mm holesaw and handsaw to make the holes, plus four shelf brackets to hang it from the ceiling. Keeps the rods up and out of the way and allows me to park the boat underneath.

I have added coated cup hooks to the bottom of the racks for additional storage as more rods keep appearing :whistle:

Marty

post-3606-144598718918_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598718924_thumb.jpg

post-3606-14459871893_thumb.jpg

post-3606-144598718934_thumb.jpg

that looks bloody awsome mate good idea. how many rods do you own at the moment

too many! a few there I never use (or only for a short period each year), but there are about 8 that get used all year round.

and I can always come up with a decent reason to buy another!

that looks bloody awsome mate good idea. how many rods do you own at the moment

too many! a few there I never use (or only for a short period each year), but there are about 8 that get used all year round.

and I can always come up with a decent reason to buy another!

haha yer it turns into collecting after a while (hauding for some :P ) I'v really only started geting more rods now that i'v finished school. previously I havent had the money or mum and dad owuldnt let me.

Ok, I have finally finished my rod rack i was making.

Here are some pics of the first one.

I have approxamately 30 outfits and these are some of the ones i use the most. So this first rack holds 15.

post-1650-144598721817_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598721829_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598721838_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598721847_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598721856_thumb.jpg

post-1650-144598721865_thumb.jpg

I am about to make some as i have just built a new workshop and moved all of my crap out of my double garage and free'd up the whole garage so now i have a dedicated built in wardrobe and one wall is going to be a rod rack.

I will be getting a length of Aluminium angle 50mm x 50mm x 3mm and screwing it to the wall. On this angle i will be screwing PVC plumbing cap ends at my desired rod spacing intervals acording to the larger and smaller outfits. The base of the rod will sit in these. At the top to hold the rods i will be getting another piece of angle screwing it to the wall up top and gluing a strip of rubber from clark rubber to it and wad punching holes in it at the same spacings as the bottom and cutting a slit to slip the top of the rod into. I have nearly 30 outfits and this is the most inexpensive way to do it. On my bigger game outfits with gimbal buts i am putting a small bolt through the PVC cap to locate the rod butt.

I will submit some pics next week when i have finished it.

you can never have too many rods. i always have my reels and rods separate because different rigs for different areas. I like to have mine high off the ground where kids dont muck with it. and it is cheap if you have an old bookshelf around. just go to bunnings and buy curtain rod holders for like 3 or 4 bucks each and then yeah... a nice fishing rig display. enjoy:)

post-9896-144598722424_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived