How do you get a tick head out?

Shimanobwoie

Hey everyone just been for another bass flick. After the nice little bit of rain thought it was time to come home and have a feed and a hot shower. Just before jumping in the shower i noticed i had a tick on my shoulder. Now whats the best ways to remove a tick? And what is the best way to get the head of the tick out?

I have tried to burn the tick with a sewing needle then i pulled gently with tweezers and the body came out and the head was left in.

Put a few drops of tea tree oil, or eucalyptus oil, or metho, or kero anything like that on the tick ..... it'll kill it. Next get a match or cotton bud or similar and use to spin the tick anti-clockwise with a little outward pressure ..... it'll just pop out. Gentle is the key so you don't break the head off.

We usually just give them a warning and then ban them. (or sometimes make them mods)

Oh TICK head :pinch:

If you can see it in the hole just tweezer and squeeze it out like a splinter. Best if you have someone to do it for you. Failing that duck into a hospital emergency and an orderly will do it for you lol

Go to the doctor to get the head out.....to remove ticks just spray them with whatever bug spray you have laying around. Don't go twisting or tweezing the tick or you'll get it upset causing it to pump venom into you. Let it die first then carefully use tweezers to take it out. They quite often retract after getting a good dose of poison.

Another safe method is to put a big blob of vaseline or similar over the hole tick, it has a little trouble breathing and retracts it's head to get away.

we live in the bush and the kids are always comming in with ticks everyday,as its tick season .as for the heads stuck in i use a scalple and a hollow needle dig around the head with scalple then scrape the head with hollow needle digging around the head loosens the barbs on the head this should result in the head comming away from the skin..as for the comment for pulling anti or clock wise this is not true . all u need to do to remove any tick is to get a good set of tweezers and get as low and close to the skin as possable and pull in the direction as the body is facing......just last week my eldest son came to me with over 50 ticks all over his neck and chest ,,, took me over an hour to get all the ticks out...... hope this helps

ive used petrol to do it, it works really well and also got a tick head stuck i just put petrol on it and lit it and the tick head just burnt and fell out not a very smart thing to put petrol on you and light it but it works :S
Never mind about the cancer causing properties :lol::P

well it worked i probs wont do it again but i was 4 hours away from a doctor or hospital and the old guy that owned the property suggested it so i tried it and it worked :)

Archived