Austackle BRC BBQ Warning

Orca

I have just spent some time watching the weather channel and also been on BOM and Seabreeze. Everything i have seen and read indicates a significant weather event will occur over the next 4 days. An open air BBQ and a display of expensive fishing gear has no appeal in pouring rain.

We will make a final decision about the BBQ at lunchtime on Friday as this is the latest time we can make alternative arrangements for my Teams weeekend activities. Hopefully the AFO fishing event will still be able to be held.

Please check the AFO site on Friday afternoon /evening.

Regards

Mike Cole

Heya Mike

I have a large tarp that I can setup if you need it.

Just let me know prior if you want to use it.

Lance

Thanks for the offer Lance. There are a lot of other issues i need to take into consideration as well as trying to keep over 60 people dry and fed.

yeah the weather is being funny .

canned yesterday cause of rain ,spent today standing in a constant drizzle .then this arvo its gets sunny and hot as,was just going to risk that Friday it rained and i got canned .but after the sun this arvo i took the risk and have taken tomorrow off .

there would be a few people on the site with large tarps ,it would just be the pain of setting them up .

hopefully we can still have some type of bbq as i like the social side of events ;).

oh bugger can't go ,same time as my work xmass party .

It would be a shame to see that fishing gear get wet Orca.

Dazza i am not prepared to let that happen for obvious reasons.

The other point is that all my team have travelled from around the country to take part in 2 and a half days of business sessions and gear testing - some on water testing of rods and lures, several workshop sessions and some lure testing in a swimming pool. That is the main purpose of their visit. The BBQ we thought would be a nice opportunity to give AFO members the chnace to talk to the team and have a look at the new 2012 range of lures, rods and tackle.

They are not fishing (and never have been) fishing in the BRC comp. If the weather does not allow us to complete our business goals at Colmslie then unfortunately we will need to relocate to the Gold Coast where we have access to some undercover facilities.

Tommorrow (Friday) is likely to be not too bad weather wise but my concern is another system that is on its way across from the West. The Weather Channel has said tonight that we could get 100mm of rain in SE Qld over the weekend.

We all know weather forecasts often change or are wrong so i am leaving the final decision until lunchtime tommorrow when i will consult the weather chnnel again as well as BOM and Seabreeze.

Obviously i want the weekend and BBQ to go ahead as planned as we have spent a lot of time and money putting this weekend together.Fingers crossed we get an improved outlook tommorrow.

Archived