Jacksons creek?

Flatnut

First things first,

Props to you for using Google earth and sussing out potential areas so many guys jump on this forum and want everyones X spot so good on ya ;)

Second,

Welcome to the site!

And to answer your question it can be a little hairy at low, there is a channel through there but is very narrow and hard to navigate.

Best to get in there on the start of the rising and bail a couple of hours before dead low ( depending on what size boat )

I have personally had ok luck up there, nice clean water and plenty of fishy spots.

Oh and there is also a bridge up there that you could get stuck at on the wrong side of high too, you would have seen it on Google?

Good luck

Cam

about 3 turns in there is was a sandbank in the middle of the corner, i ran straight into it when it must have been covered by 300mm of water

blew the impeller and it was a long paddle back to the ramp.... this was a year or two ago though.

We used to get bream next to the bridge on the outgoing tide and i have seen someone pull 50cm cod out also.

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago we used to travel right up to near the tower, there was a spot where there used to be another bridge, on the incoming side you had 1 mt of water and then it would drop into 3 mt, some whopper flathead and bream used to live hear. Then when the tide changed we used to drift back dragging a pillie. I think the lake you are referring to used to be called jurasic lake.

Archived