newstead delivers a Quad & first legal thready

doss

Hey guys, just a quick report

thelazyguy myself and fishing ftw decided to hit up the broad walk at newstead my goal was to catch my first legal threadfin. i was first on after a little fight and blooded my new mexican fire in with a 52cm flathead on a strip of long tom,

post-8626-14459873457_thumb.jpeg after a few nice catties then my 2-5kg raider went of strike ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 10min later on15lb a THREADYYY. i was thinking please be my first legal thread fin salmon.

post-8626-144598734579_thumb.jpeg

post-8626-144598734586_thumb.jpeg

after all this year of trying to catch a legal thready i finally got one!!!! on my last trip of the year SOO HAppy its defs not the biggest thready ever but its my first legal and im looking to upgrade it asap

i was 2 up for a first and keen to go 3 my line goes of again strike im on !!!!! my 30lb braid was get destroyed taken 50ms of line i turned its head got some line back then it took of again then pingggggg bit me of on 60lb so probs a bully. lachlans 10lb fins goes off ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ head shakesss ZZZZZZZZZZZ Z ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ around 10mins later another threadfin came up HATTRICKKKKKKKKKK first trip 1stshorncliffe-97.3cm 2nd shorncliffe 110cm 3rd-newstead 58cm

post-8626-144598734593_thumb.jpeg

after pike eel one after another lachlan pulls in a beast of a one 130cm

post-8626-144598734607_thumb.jpeg

post-8626-144598734599_thumb.jpeg

that thing isnt going on my brag matt!!

more catfish and eels lachlan gets another threadfin 55cm this one had a lovely golden colour to it

[attachment:7]C:\fakepath\55cm threadfin brag.jpeg[/attachment]

[attachment:8]C:\fakepath\55cm threadfin.jpeg[/attachment]

all up it was a good night not the best but lachlans hattrick and my first legal we cant complain

videos will be up in the next couple of days

cheers doss

there definitely is "no fishing" signs there... That dock is specifically there for one reason... just a mate looking after another mate thats all doss. Upto you if you wanna fish dude.

Look again for the signs, otherwise i would have fished there everyday since 3 years ago when i first went for a walk along there B)

last time i was there was a few months ago havin coffee at the coffee shop there.

there definitely is "no fishing" signs there... That dock is specifically there for one reason... just a mate looking after another mate thats all doss. Upto you if you wanna fish dude.

Look again for the signs, otherwise i would have fished there everyday since 3 years ago when i first went for a walk along there B)

last time i was there was a few months ago havin coffee at the coffee shop there.

okay mate thanks for for looking out ill look next time, i defs no there 'no fishing signs' on the jetty but that the only place ive seen them but ill keep an eye out

Hey mate, im just curious, where abouts are the signs?

Hey mate, im just curious, where abouts are the signs?

There are two little ones in before you get to the coffee shop and one on each side of the dock. Its a sign wrapped on a pylon. Not a lone standing sign. I was going to fish there but then saw the sign. Had also asked the coffee shop staff if there has been any fishos in the past and the girl said yes, people have tried but were moved on by security. Further down the road, there is also a park....no "no fishing" signs anywhere at the park or in the park, but at the carparks, there are miniture signs saying no fishing ! :evil: (This is the park directly across from colmslie boat ramp). We were moved on by security. We told him we couldnt see the "no fishing" signs but then we followed him and he showed us.

Archived