hot weather = jack

ChrisC

post-9874-144598741668_thumb.jpg

:) hey guys

with all hot weather about an jack reports of late I was keen to try for one. thought id try somewhere different for them tonite.I walked about 10 steps down a set of stairs an i was there.. Im lucky enough to live on the main river of the nerang an lucky enough the fishin is pretty good. In summer time big eye trevally are pretty consistenly bustin up bait each nite as long as the tide is going out an its nite time there usally there so i get stuck into them regulary which is pretty cool..

post-9874-144598741677_thumb.jpg

anyway the tide was coming in and i was flickin round a hard bod around an just about to finish my retrieve an at our jetty when I got creamed. I had my reel on jack setting an it took off hard as with heaps of power an weight i actually wasnt sure what i had but was hoping everythin held throuh okay it did an eventually after an awesome fite i see a jack :woohoo: she was really fat an healthy. they really are a beauitful fish. quick couple of pix an realsed her ! there buy far my favourite fish to chase and i was lucky it was nite an she was roaming around if it was near her day time lair would of had no chance. came in after that there on go get into them fellas

cheers

Very jealous indeed! Gotta love the red on that thing Chris. Well done mate.

what lure were u usin?

Also just out of curiosity, did you cast straight out or did you cast parallel with the bank?

Cheers

hey mate I was using a lucky craft pointer 78 bit of a favourite of mine

I caught him casting out into the current an bringing it back through. I reckon they leave there home when the sun goes down an go on the prowl then return to there home early mornin?

Great fish!

Freshy will be very envious. The both of us had a crack in the pine this morning for Jacks hiting the water at 5:30am with freshy landing a Bream and a ray, myself a doughnut :-(

I had to end my fish early but Freshy is still on the water. Thanks freshy :-)

BTW the colour on the Jack is sensational!

nice fish mate,

do you still find the big eyes busting up now?

In early december i found that they used to bust up almost every night but as of recent they seem to be appearing less and less after that big bit of rain we had, are they out and about again?

yeah bud there still here they seem to love quick current flow think thats why there here does your spot have much run?

Archived