Holiday fishing - Bass madness!

Hfisho77

hey all,

just a quick report of some of my fishing adventures over the holidays. First off headed to a little place near Brunswick Heads for xmas and had some fun sessions flicking a little creek near our beach house. Bream and flattys were the mainstay falling victims to armour shads - really enjoying these atm! Also did a couple of trips to the Brunswick river for a few flathead and some other little fellas however our main trip there was cut short when torrential rain forced us to scamper back to the fish market :pinch: No doubts i'll be back next year though!

post-9541-144598743219_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743231_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743236_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743242_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743248_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743258_thumb.jpg

post-9541-144598743264_thumb.jpg

Next stop was our property on the Nerang River to chase bass and this is when the fishing became pretty hectic B) Each afternoon around 4pm i would go down to the creek and work various pools with HB's and surface walkers. There was heaps of wildlife out and about with platypus making regular appearances and snakes swimming across the surface. One afternoon i watched a baby snake cruising along the surface when suddenly a huge bass came up and nailed it :ohmy: I was gobsmacked! I managed between 7 and 25 bass each arvo with over a dozen 40cm+ fish, most of which were caught on surface which was just awesome, biggest going 45cm. I was only using 4lb braid and leader which made things even more exciting! Killer lures included maria crankbaits, destroyers, joeys and a tiemco soft shell cicada which also caught the biggest bass of the trip. I had a great holiday on the fishing front and I cant wait to go back to school... NOT!!! :P

That's awesome mate! They the destroyers you were using? Cicadas are fun hey, they hit them hard!

Nice work, when we hitting it! :P

Yeah they are destroyers Jords, they worked really well, but of course surface was far more entertaining! Haha u can come and fish the area if you like, there are camping grounds as well, i'll let u know next time im heading up if u like.

That's awesome mate! They the destroyers you were using? Cicadas are fun hey, they hit them hard!

Nice work, when we hitting it! :P

Yeah they are destroyers Jords, they worked really well, but of course surface was far more entertaining! Haha u can come and fish the area if you like, there are camping grounds as well, i'll let u know next time im heading up if u like.

Im in! I can drive :)

Archived