Minn Kota batteries

Bi_polar

Hi guys, I am about to buy 1 or 2 batteries for my Minn Kota that i am rebuilding.

I would just like to ask the question what batteries you guys use?

I am looking at 1 or 2 x 120Amp/hr batteries either lead or AGM.

Just need some advice from some people that have had electric motors for a while.

Cheers Stuart

AGM if you can afford initial outlay.

Do you really need 2 large batteries? Unless you are going to fish electric only dams and you are not going to do extended trolling one battery6 should do you.

No maintenance is the big plus.

You can install them below decks and forget about them. Even the so called maintenance free lead acid need to have the electrolyte levels checked and topped up regularly.

Make certain that you also budget for a decent smart charger at least 10% of the battery capacity.

Cheers

Ray

ive got a mate that works for marshall batteries i buy second hand batteries off him .. these batts are tested before sale and usualy less than 1 yr old .. they range from small 50,s to large deepcycle 185ah n70,s ,,, the one for my last kota was a 120ah and lasted 6hrs+ at various throttle positions price starts from $15 to $35 for the larger models... all types car, 4x4,marine,industrial and agricultrial......

Archived