going fishing in bali

roobs

on saturday i'm headed to bali for a family holiday (eek- pack the flak jacket!) and am hoping to go fishing whilst over there. i'm not taking my fishing gear with me so i'll probably have to go on a charter as i don't think that i'll find an anaconda over there to stop in at. if anyone has any advice or experience with bali as a holiday or fishing destination i'd love to hear it.

Mate its awesome. Dont plan anything though. Ask at the reception of wherever your staying. They will sort you out. Have a look at a couple of boats before making a decision. Take a flick stick as well there are GT's everywhere.

My sister has been over there a month surfing (right at this moment) and the guys out front of her hotel catch GT's every arvo on handlines! Big ones to.

If you shop around a bit once there you should be able to get some sweet fish at a good price.

Angus

I went there for a soccer tournament a few years ago, The only fishing I did was at this reef with bait and handlines, it wasn't a propper fishing guide tho just an addition to a tour. I did see some massive (car door) Trevally swimming around the reef tho. You lucky lucky guy!

Archived