what do you think

rosstralia46

hey guys so made a deal with mum a few years back saying if i dont have an 18th shed buy me a tinny SCORE! :woohoo: so been looking around and spotted this one the other day and this is by far the best i have seen at a very reasonable price what do you guys think me and dad are having a look tomorrow arvo just read through all 4 pages of khoi's post a year or so ago for what i should look for. let us know what you think cheers guys B)

/>http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/oxley/boats-jet-skis/tinny-savage-3-7m-15hp-johnson/361121671

p.s looking at doing river fishing and crabbing as well as some bay work on the good days cheers

remember to sell a trailer with rego they need to have a current safety certicicate with it.

All lights will be covered under the safery certificate.

What vehicles must have a safety certificate?

In Queensland you must obtain and display a safety certificate on any registered light vehicle from the moment you offer the vehicle for sale. It is also a requirement for unregistered second hand and registered interstate vehicles to obtain a safety certificate as part of the Queensland pre-registration process (unless exempt). Vehicles include cars, motorbikes, trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) of 0.751–3.50 tonnes (t) and any other vehicles up to 4.50 t gross vehicle mass (GVM).

ATM is the trailer loaded and standing alone. GTM is the trailer loaded and connected to a tow vehicle. The GTM will most often be lower than the ATM.

I think that outfit is way overpriced for what it is.

That hull looks to be a early to mid 80's model and very rough.

The trailer looks good but you will have dramas launching and retrieving on most ramps due to the large wheels.

You will have to bury that trailer so deep into the water to get the boat on and off.

I say keep looking for a better deal as there is so many tinnies out there these days.

remember to sell a trailer with rego they need to have a current safety certicicate with it.

All lights will be covered under the safery certificate.

What vehicles must have a safety certificate?

In Queensland you must obtain and display a safety certificate on any registered light vehicle from the moment you offer the vehicle for sale. It is also a requirement for unregistered second hand and registered interstate vehicles to obtain a safety certificate as part of the Queensland pre-registration process (unless exempt). Vehicles include cars, motorbikes, trailers (including caravans) with an aggregate trailer mass (ATM) of 0.751–3.50 tonnes (t) and any other vehicles up to 4.50 t gross vehicle mass (GVM).

ATM is the trailer loaded and standing alone. GTM is the trailer loaded and connected to a tow vehicle. The GTM will most often be lower than the ATM.

The wording on their site is a bit weird, sounded like all vehicles rego'd and unrego needed certificates but the next section says this

When can vehicles be sold without a safety certificate?

The only time vehicles offered for sale do not require a certificate is when they are unregistered or when they are traded to, or between, licensed motor dealers. Vehicles can still be sold for parts or restoration, but they must be de-registered before being offered for sale.

Thanks forthr info guys trailers do not need roadworthy as dad just built one and they didn't even need to see it to register it I saw the boat yesterday and it looked good needs work but it's a project boat and has a newish motor better than the ones with 80s 90s models taking it for a test run on Sunday if it all checks out should be taking it home needs some work but that's what I want and am more than willing to put in the time and effort

Thanks forthr info guys trailers do not need roadworthy as dad just built one and they didn't even need to see it to register it I saw the boat yesterday and it looked good needs work but it's a project boat and has a newish motor better than the ones with 80s 90s models taking it for a test run on Sunday if it all checks out should be taking it home needs some work but that's what I want and am more than willing to put in the time and effort

Then he got away with it. Cuase D.O.T told me all trailers have to be measured at least. Have to take into a measuring branch and the measure it.

Hey mate is this one any good for ya? Just thinking if it gets the tick of approval from members in the know, could be worth driving up to Cairns to pick it up;

4.2m quintrex dory on trailer wiv tiller steer 25hp suziki all 06 models all rego, live bait tank,safety gear, new colour sounder,false floor,mud and reef anchor, spare anchor rope $3,500

post-6937-144598768326_thumb.jpg

Its been advertised for a while on a local buy/swap/sell webpage so they might come down in price

Archived